Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What Do Ya'll Think Bout This Combo?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
southerntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
southerntaco889's Tacoma Gallery
What Do Ya'll Think Bout This Combo?

Hey guys I got a 07 Prerunner DC and was lookin at gettin 5100's for the front set to 2.5" and running 16x8 XD Hoss wheels wrapped in 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT's. Is 4.5" backspacing going to work with this setup? I have already taken off the mudflaps so thats not a problem. See any issues with this setup? And pics of any of your trucks with this setup would be appreciated too.
Thanks
Old 08-31-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
southerntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bump, just need somebody knowlegeable to chime in real quick and make sure I got my backspacing, rim size and tire size right so I don't end up having to do a lot of hacking on my fenders and stuff. I think I do, just need some confirmation.
thanks
Old 08-31-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be fine with the 4.5" BS and the 265's.

If you want to trim a little bit you could run 285/75/16's with the 2.5" lift you are planning.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
setup looks good!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You'll be fine with the 4.5" BS and the 265's.

If you want to trim a little bit you could run 285/75/16's with the 2.5" lift you are planning.
You say a little trimming....how much is a little? lol Is this the trimming that involves cab mounts?
Old 08-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
thats the same set up as me except for the wheels.
So you runnin Billies adjusted all the way up in the front? What kind of trimming you have to do? And you have the same 265/75R16's that i'm talkin bout? I see they're Coopers I just couldn't tell the size. A lot of questions I know but now that I've found a truck sittin and lookin exactly like I want I wanna know everything lol. Beastly lookin black beauty btw.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:15 PM   #8

And one more question..runnin 285/75R16's with 4.5" backspacing will I need spacers to keep em off the UCA's? I don't do a lot of wheeling that involves binding of the suspension so its not like i'm gonna be stuffing the tires up in the wheel wells all the time.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:35 PM   #9
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a good setup. you dont need a spacer with 4.5 BS. a lot people chop their body mounts with a 3" lift to stuff 285's, so i would imagine you would do it with a 2.5" lift.

i have a 3" lift and didnt like how much 285's rubbed so i went down to 265's. you dont have to trim or chop anything with 265's
Old 08-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #10
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntaco889 View Post
So you runnin Billies adjusted all the way up in the front? What kind of trimming you have to do? And you have the same 265/75R16's that i'm talkin bout? I see they're Coopers I just couldn't tell the size. A lot of questions I know but now that I've found a truck sittin and lookin exactly like I want I wanna know everything lol. Beastly lookin black beauty btw.
Sorry I misread your post. I'm running 285/70/17. I had to trim but I'm still rubbing on the cabmounts when I reverse.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
sounds like a good setup. you dont need a spacer with 4.5 BS. a lot people chop their body mounts with a 3" lift to stuff 285's, so i would imagine you would do it with a 2.5" lift.

i have a 3" lift and didnt like how much 285's rubbed so i went down to 265's. you dont have to trim or chop anything with 265's
I can live with some rubbing. Like I said I rarely ever wheel this truck since I hardly even have time to sleep much less play so the chance of me stuffing a tire and ripping out fenders or anything is pretty much zilch. So let me get this straight one last time before you get aggravated lol. The 285's with no spacer will be fine but will rub on cab mounts? If this is correct what is involved in cutting those? I searched the forum and couldn't find anything. It 's probably up under my nose I just dont see it. Usually works out that I find it after somebody posts it
Old 08-31-2010, 07:10 PM   #13
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I can live with some rubbing. Like I said I rarely ever wheel this truck since I hardly even have time to sleep much less play so the chance of me stuffing a tire and ripping out fenders or anything is pretty much zilch. So let me get this straight one last time before you get aggravated lol. The 285's with no spacer will be fine but will rub on cab mounts? If this is correct what is involved in cutting those? I searched the forum and couldn't find anything. It 's probably up under my nose I just dont see it. Usually works out that I find it after somebody posts it
correct, no spacer needed with 4.5 BS.... as for the cab-mounts, i dont know whats involved, i never cut mine. i think you'll be fine without cutting them since you dont wheel much tho
Old 08-31-2010, 07:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Have you looked into camburg spindles? I would advise going with these if you decide to go with 285's
x2... a little pricy tho
Old 09-01-2010, 02:34 AM   #16
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Get cooper ST in a 255/85/16. I love them they ride better then the stock rugged trails. They are awsome in the dry and rain. I don't know about snow yet but we will see the winter. haven't tried mud yet either.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Have you looked into camburg spindles? I would advise going with these if you decide to go with 285's
I would like to but I really can't afford those right now. Maybe later down the road. I just want to make sure when I set this up I don't end up having to sell the tires back cause they won't fit at all. And here's another question...I been looking and it seems if you got 3" or higher you have to get new UCA's to get it to align right. Is this true with 5100's set at 2.5" also? Cause if so im gonna have to just deal with 265's.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:49 AM   #18

UCA's are recommended for anything over 2". here's the set up i have. OME 885's, 5100's at .85" and Camburg UCA's sittin on 265's. rear-end stock for now

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 09-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #19

I don't wanna buy new UCA's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH! I knew i wasn't gonna get away with liftin it 2.5" without spendin 500+ on UCA's. Dangit
Old 09-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #20
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't wanna buy new UCA's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH! I knew i wasn't gonna get away with liftin it 2.5" without spendin 500+ on UCA's. Dangit
there's plenty of people with the billy's at 2.5" with stock UCA's. Your alignment just might not be perfect.