Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

35" Toyo Mts or KM2s

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
35" Toyo Mts or KM2s

Should I get 35" Toyo Mts or KM2s on my tacoma 4x4 4 cyl with 6" lift?
What tires are the lightest and will bog down my truck the least? The Toyos are 35"x11.5" (285/75/R18) and the BFGs are 35"x 12.5" /R18
Old 08-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Should I get 35" Toyo Mts or KM2s on my tacoma 4x4 4 cyl with 6" lift?
What tires are the lightest and will bog down my truck the least? The Toyos are 35"x11.5" (285/75/R18) and the BFGs are 35"x 12.5" /R18
haha bro i have been thinking the same thing about the same 2 tires lol...
Old 08-31-2010, 11:51 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
depends on if you plan on encountering any good mud. i've been seeing/hearing more reports of the KM2s gunking up and not cleaning out very well
Old 09-01-2010, 01:27 AM   #6
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
depends on if you plan on encountering any good mud. i've been seeing/hearing more reports of the KM2s gunking up and not cleaning out very well
gunking up and not cleaning very well...??? Egyptian Mos Deff is a little confused haha...
Old 09-01-2010, 01:31 AM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
gunking up and not cleaning very well...??? Egyptian Mos Deff is a little confused haha...
mud clogging the treads and not slinging out like it should. turns the tire into a slick
Old 09-01-2010, 01:33 AM   #8
KR FAB

Quote:
mud clogging the treads and not slinging out like it should. turns the tire into a slick
really with the KM2s...??? wouldnt that be the case for most mud tires depending on the bogging lol...??? i would assume BFG would have something that would help that situation out..?? or does it make a difference with mud patterns..??? newb question i know lol
Old 09-01-2010, 01:43 AM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
really with the KM2s...??? wouldnt that be the case for most mud tires depending on the bogging lol...??? i would assume BFG would have something that would help that situation out..?? or does it make a difference with mud patterns..??? newb question i know lol
when i get home and can actually see photobucket pics, i'll link some that i saw w/ them gunked up. i'm quite sure that the consistency of the mud has a great deal to do w/ it
Old 09-01-2010, 01:45 AM   #10
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Have you read any of the reviews on the Kumho MT's? I have them and have nothing bad to say about them street or mud. I'm moving up from my 265 Kumho's and putting 33x12.5x16 Kumho's on in a few months.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #11
KR FAB

Quote:
when i get home and can actually see photobucket pics, i'll link some that i saw w/ them gunked up. i'm quite sure that the consistency of the mud has a great deal to do w/ it
coo thanks J.. i appreciate it... i kinda wanna get to know more about the tire other than name... didnt mean to thread jack... lol
Old 09-01-2010, 02:05 AM   #12
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
km2's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
x2!
Old 09-01-2010, 02:27 AM   #13
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I would not get the KM2. If you want to drive in any weather besides dry then I've hear they pretty much suck especially in snow. Also they clog up in mud and turn into slicks, also they have pretty weak side walls for the kind of tire they are. If you can get the KMs and not KM2s.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:21 AM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
coo thanks J.. i appreciate it... i kinda wanna get to know more about the tire other than name... didnt mean to thread jack... lol
here ya go....these pics and statements are by tacosupreme on ttora...

"Just look at the pics...they don't clean out at all. Might as well be street tread on there. In the last 10,000 miles I have had critical failures on 5 KM2's. Mostly sidewall failures from impact with rocks at high speeds, but I had the original KM's on for 50,000 miles without a single flat, puncture or problem. If I could buy a lifetime supply of the originals I would. I carry two spares for a reason, I need them. I would have moved to something else but America's tire always warranties them so I keep getting new tires. They also chunk bad, wear like swampers and are heavy. Keep in mind most guys don't do what I do, and love them, the desert is just exceptionally hard on tires."

i know my claws didnt look like that when i came out the mud
Old 09-01-2010, 05:22 AM   #15
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Trail Grapplers!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #16
KR FAB

Quote:
here ya go....these pics and statements are by tacosupreme on ttora...

"Just look at the pics...they don't clean out at all. Might as well be street tread on there. In the last 10,000 miles I have had critical failures on 5 KM2's. Mostly sidewall failures from impact with rocks at high speeds, but I had the original KM's on for 50,000 miles without a single flat, puncture or problem. If I could buy a lifetime supply of the originals I would. I carry two spares for a reason, I need them. I would have moved to something else but America's tire always warranties them so I keep getting new tires. They also chunk bad, wear like swampers and are heavy. Keep in mind most guys don't do what I do, and love them, the desert is just exceptionally hard on tires."

i know my claws didnt look like that when i came out the mud
never even remotely thought of that.... thats crazy as shit... see i hear mixed things about the KM2s... Its looking more and more like the toyo's at least for me it is.... haha.... Ay Hodge what size is your spare..???
Old 09-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #17
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd run the BFG's. Run awesome on and off road, they're quiet, look tough, and are definitely lighter than the Toyo's. Some how the Toyo's are always ridiculously heavy.