Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How are BFG KM2's on snow/ice without siping?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
How are BFG KM2's on snow/ice without siping?

Anyone running them un-siped and frequently driving in winter weather?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my KM2's this summer so I'm gonna be finding out this winter! I hope they do OK, but the tread design doesnt have me too sure.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Kernel is on a distinguished road
Kernel's Tacoma Gallery
If your worried about it, it looks like Discount Tire can add siping.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tireSiping.dos

I just got Duratracs, so we'll see how they do this winter vs the stock Rugged Trails.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival.

How'd it go?

After reading some other threads, I beginning to wonder if the KM2s will do alright in most situations so long as I use 4wd...
Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
They do GREAT in the fresh powder. I've had it up to my doors and then some, never lost traction. I'll try and post a vid or two.

First vid, snow not too deep, but fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzZqz_PESbY

Second video was fun.... the guy filming me got stuck with his F-150 after following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKQqnIGthuU