Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Weird Tire Rub, Damage?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Weird Tire Rub, Damage?

I was doing crawling around under my truck this morning, dropped the spare and noticed some indentations/rub marks. Could this be from the spare being too loose and moving a little bit or too tight and creating "dents" in the tires.

Here is what it looks like. It is on all 4 points of contact of the tire.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
shouldnt be a problem
Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
lonepeak is on a distinguished road
lonepeak's Tacoma Gallery
I discovered the same thing this past week when I was 8 hours from pavement after loosing a tire to a sharp rock. With only 17k on my truck I saw that the rub had worn all the way to the belting. I disagree that this is "normal" and I'll be going to the dealer for a warranty this week. Has anyone come up with a valid solution to this design problem? Throwing the tire in the bed or mounting on top of the cap is NOT an option...those spots are for gear. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't had a chance to look at mine again since I got a matching spare. Wearing all the way to the belting is definitely an issue. Maybe its just because the spare wasn't tighened down enough from dealership.