Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Walmart Wheel mount & balancing ????

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
WV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
WV_Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Walmart Wheel mount & balancing ????

Just got some new wheels, painted alumn they are sitting in the back of the truck.

Anyone used Walmart to balance your babies?

I am going with the wrangler authorites from walmart too.

one place told me they would not put them on, due to scratching them and shit.....

WTF....
Old 09-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
They also wont install tires than are larger than manufacturers rating thats on your door sill.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
I had them mount and balance tires on my car a few years ago. The machine left a large scrape around 3 of the 4 wheels. They ended up giving me $400 to have the wheels repainted!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have had Walmart install and ballance tires on our Honda, and they have done a good job. Nothing to brag about. Personally, I would go to a Discount tire center....
Old 09-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I have had Walmart install and ballance tires on our Honda, and they have done a good job. Nothing to brag about. Personally, I would go to a Discount tire center....
Discount did me reaaaly bad when I bought my MB vdrive rims.
2 weeks after they installed them I was putting my front lift on. While removing the wheels.....all the lug nuts were holding onto was 2 threads of all 12 studs!!!

I returned and unleashed some furry in front of a few customers.
You cannot tell me that the tech did NOT know that only 2 threads were catching. Instead of ordering the correct lug nuts, they decided to just not say anything to me and hope I would'nt notice I guess. Atleast until one of the wheels fell off and possibly killed me or whoever was with me at the time.
I was infuriated!!
They jeapardized my safety and everyone around me as well because the stupid tech did not want to tell me that the factory lugs wouldn't work.
Needless to say a few people walked out of the store while I was ranting.I told the manager that I was boycotting the store and spreading the word about the shitty service and disregard for the safety of there customers.

They did eventually fix the problem after the manager called for for a week strait asking me what he could do to resolve the problem.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Discount did me reaaaly bad when I bought my MB vdrive rims.
2 weeks after they installed them I was putting my front lift on. While removing the wheels.....all the lug nuts were holding onto was 2 threads of all 12 studs!!!

I returned and unleashed some furry in front of a few customers.
You cannot tell me that the tech did NOT know that only 2 threads were catching. Instead of ordering the correct lug nuts, they decided to just not say anything to me and hope I would'nt notice I guess. Atleast until one of the wheels fell off and possibly killed me or whoever was with me at the time.
I was infuriated!!
They jeapardized my safety and everyone around me as well because the stupid tech did not want to tell me that the factory lugs wouldn't work.
Needless to say a few people walked out of the store while I was ranting.I told the manager that I was boycotting the store and spreading the word about the shitty service and disregard for the safety of there customers.

They did eventually fix the problem after the manager called for for a week strait asking me what he could do to resolve the problem.
George, Hector, or Jose? And not all aftermarket wheels require the use of the ET-style lugs... I work at the store in Monroe, NC and I will tell you from almost 5 years with this company that this is a very few and far between incident.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
They also wont install tires than are larger than manufacturers rating thats on your door sill.

Well good thing my door says 33x12.5 r15. lol

I've used walmart before, I had to go to a few different one. The first one says their machine cant fit it. the second one said it would
Old 09-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
I've had Wal mart install and balance oversize tires and rims on my VW. I bought the tires from them.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
I had a buddy of mine purchase a set of tires from Walmart a couple of years ago. He had a Honda Civic EX with stick rims. The tire tech that was putting on his tires scratched up a rim pretty bad mounting it. When he spoke up about the damage, they said that they couldn't repair the rim but the did heavily discount the tires and took off the installation and balancing charges.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #10
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
^^ had that happen to my moms TL they gouged the rim pretty deep, they said it wasnt them. My dad went in and Demanded to see the video, well after the assistant manger reviewed the video they got her a new rim.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #11

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
George, Hector, or Jose? And not all aftermarket wheels require the use of the ET-style lugs... I work at the store in Monroe, NC and I will tell you from almost 5 years with this company that this is a very few and far between incident.
I wanna say it was Jose. 6ft+ large mexican fella at the woodruff store.

The thing is is that the very young kid that installed my new wheels was very nice and he's the reason I got my lift. I commented on his stock wheels (which were the ones I was replacing) that he had powdercoated and how nice his truck looked. and also the fact that he had the locker button and mine being a 4cyl TRD, didn't.
He handed me his keys to his truck while I was waiting for my MB Vdrive wheels to be installed and told me to take it for a spin.

I am sure that this is the same person who installed my rims with neglect in telling me that the backspacing was wrong and that they would need to order new gorilla nuts.

Now that I think about it...It was Jose that was managing the store and who I ranted to.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #12

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tell me that wasn't you. I took some pics. It was a goldish colored yota with black powder coated 5 star alloys.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #13
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Um... no. I work in NC at the store on Roosevelt BLVD. Jose is a great guy and knows his stuff. I can't comment on the tech that installed your wheels, other than to apologize yet again on behalf of Discount Tire. Feel free to PM me with any questions regarding any comments or concerns you may have, and I will do what I can to help you in any way I can. My name is Matt.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #14

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Um... no. I work in NC at the store on Roosevelt BLVD. Jose is a great guy and knows his stuff. I can't comment on the tech that installed your wheels, other than to apologize yet again on behalf of Discount Tire. Feel free to PM me with any questions regarding any comments or concerns you may have, and I will do what I can to help you in any way I can. My name is Matt.
Thx matt.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #15
zombiekiller is on a distinguished road
zombiekiller's Tacoma Gallery
go somewhere else.

i was at one today. it took them 3.5 hrs to mount and balance 4 tires.

i got home and saw that 2 of my 4 wheels were gouged, the other 2 were dinged/nicked.

i normally would have went back and bitched, but i was bringing them home to truck bed line them.

never again. even though they did it all for free because it took so long.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #16
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I'll buy oil or other products from Wally...but no way on God's green earth I'd let any of those monkeys touch any car I owned.

Once...on a Sunday, and in a state of unclear thinking...I allowed those fools replace a battery in my MIL's Civic...never again.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #17
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
wally world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I'll buy oil or other products from Wally...but no way on God's green earth I'd let any of those monkeys touch any car I owned.

Once...on a Sunday, and in a state of unclear thinking...I allowed those fools replace a battery in my MIL's Civic...never again.
Hahahahahaa! well said. I could not agree more.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #18
WV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdWV_Tacoma is a splendid one to behold
WV_Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up driving 1hr to have Sears install them. I was shoping for some tools and thought, what the hell. They have several nice wheels on the wall that they sell, so I figured they at least had to have the tools to do it right. Cost aprx $8 for not buying the tires from them and them mounting, $12 to balance, $70 for wheel alignment(printed out before and after on the alignment), made me feel assured.

Balancing, they never scratched anything, mounted to spare back on. They were extremely careful and helpful.
Sears=Hutchinson KS. two thumbs up
Old 09-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #19
supertaco8 is a splendid one to beholdsupertaco8 is a splendid one to beholdsupertaco8 is a splendid one to beholdsupertaco8 is a splendid one to beholdsupertaco8 is a splendid one to beholdsupertaco8 is a splendid one to beholdsupertaco8 is a splendid one to beholdsupertaco8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Scott
supertaco8's Tacoma Gallery
don't expect to go to Walmart for anything and get quality.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #20
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertaco8 View Post
don't expect to go to Walmart for anything and get quality.
Do you have anything good to say about anyone or are you just one of those haters that likes to join forums to piss people off?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/und...r-service.html