Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

DONT EVER GO TO PEPBOYS FOR ALIGNMENT OR BALANCING

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Angry DONT EVER GO TO PEPBOYS FOR ALIGNMENT OR BALANCING

i had them do an alignment and "lifetime balance" my new wheels and tires about 3 weeks ago and right from the get go it was off. But i had to go down to school so i planned coming home this weekend to have them redo it under warranty. They did and as soon as i drove away the truck pulled hard left worse and instead of getting rid of the bad vibes between 60-70 mph, they just moved them to 50-60 mph. Had them do it AGAIN and it is still off. Alignment isn't terrible but still not straight and i still have vibes. Even after they said they took it for a test drive and everything was perfect? So now i'm going to have a tire shop in Morgantown balance them that has a road force balancer or maybe the toyota dealership there

had to vent
Old 09-07-2010, 12:26 AM   #3
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
We could of told that before you went haha
Old 09-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, me and PackerfanXD had a bad experience at one here in Phx...but we bitched and complained enough so they had to compensate us...I'll never give them my business again!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:18 AM   #6
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the warning.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #7
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
My brother just had his 94 4Runner at a Pep Boys in NJ. They did a "general check up" (aka "ripoff") and had new brakes put on.

On his way home, he took the NJ expressway and traveled about 80mph the whole way. He got into an exit lane and touched the brake to begin slowing down. The brake locked up and he skidded to a stop - luckily still in the exit lane. Had he been on the expressway, he would've been plowed into - probably by a big rig and could've been killed.

Pep Boys claims it was not their fault but still refunded the $700 they stole from him for the "check up".

He told me that and the first thing I said was..."why would you EVER go to Pep Boys".

He said he went because he had a coupon
Old 04-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #9
Giles26 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Giles26's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Gus,
Where did you go in Morgantown, I am having a hard time finding someone with a machine that will fit my 35's. Thanks,
Old 04-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
We could of told that before you went haha

x2. That's like going to 4Wheelparts to have suspension work done. You're just shortening your life by doing so....
Old 04-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #11
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
yea FML. Made an appt to go to a tire shop here in Motown that has a road force balancer thursday morning
arch reed exxon in westover are great to work with, honestly pep boys? sheesh, there are quite a number of morgantown tacoma owners on here that can help recommend locations.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #12
Giles26 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Giles26's Tacoma Gallery
Appreciate it. Used them for the state inspection but did not think they had a machine big enough.
After calling around numerous places yesterday found 'Glotfelty' and they sorted it out. Only $50.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #13
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
why did u do that in the first place????????
Old 04-24-2011, 12:58 AM   #15
hetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nice
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Had my experience with Pep boys about 10 years ago, when I bought 4 $25 tires that ended up costing me $225 once they added all the fees and extas in...

On the other hand, they carry all kinds of parts and accessories, in one town I lived in, they were the ONLY ones still carrying ignition point.

Howard
Old 04-24-2011, 01:00 AM   #16
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Let's put it in perspective:
1. Pep boys - never for service
2. I been to Morgantown; so is it really that bad?
Old 04-24-2011, 01:29 AM   #17
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Pep boys or National Tire and battery.... they both suck and i wouldnt trust them to touch my truck ever again.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:25 AM   #18
hetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nice
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
I bought many a set of tires, quite happily at the NTB at the Tri-Counties mall in the mid-90...the last three sets were TireRack however. The 08 Wrangler Sahara needs a new set of their oddball 255/70R18 stock tires size...I think Cooper ST would be good for that little Jeep.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:27 AM   #19
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
better luck at walmart
Old 04-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #20
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles26 View Post
Tacoma Gus,
Where did you go in Morgantown, I am having a hard time finding someone with a machine that will fit my 35's. Thanks,
go to glotfelty tire above the toyota dealership on Don Knotts Blv or its right off of 68 if your coming that way. Fred is a great guy and they will road force everything and really take their time. its like 60 bucks for the road force and most of the guys there have lifted trucks so they've felt our pain haha. I'm getting a WRX in a couple weeks and i'll prob go there to get winter tires, balance, etc.