1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nitto Terra Grappler: Weight?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by BGrutter, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Sep 6, 2010 at 8:44 PM
    BGrutter

BGrutter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Baron
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DCSB TRD OR
    Rear-View Camera Mod, Anti-theft Tailgate, No Mud-Flaps, Diff Breather Mod, Color-matched Mirror/Handle covers, Front Valance mod, Phone/GPS/Camera mount, and Illuminated 4x4 Switch ToyTec Ultimate Lift Light Racing UCAs
    I've been looking into getting the Nitto Terra Grappler 265/75/16 tires for my truck. These seem like a nice tire. I've had BFG's (heavy and wore faster than expected) and Revos (narrow tread pattern and wore quickly) in the past and am looking to get something different. These have a good look and seem to get good reviews.

I've considered the following tires:
    • BFG ATs
    • Revo 2
    • Michellin A/T2
    • Nitto Grappler
    • Sumitomo All Terrain
    • Pirelli Scorpion

Weight seems to be the biggest requirement. I'd like to keep it light, but I want to have at least 16/32" tread depth. Wow, this is turning into a "Which Tire should I buy" thread. I'm sure we've all seen plenty of those. Back on topic...

I can't seem to locate any weight specs on the Nitto tires. I've only had about 30-45 minutes to search, but it's been completely fruitless. I'd really like to have a link so that I could potentially check other sizes as well (primarily 265s and 285s). I'd like info on the 119s and 123. The larger is usually heavier, but if the tread depth is substantially greater, I might just have to deal with the heavier tire.

Anybody know where online I can find these numbers? If not, anyone know the numbers off hand?

2. Sep 7, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    rolltyd

rolltyd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Overland Park, Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Off Road 4x4 Hankook Dynapro ATM
    Just got my Nittos put on Friday. Love them 265/70/17 looks more like a truck and sits higher, Buy them. Don't know the weight..

3. Sep 7, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    delscorcho

delscorcho Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB SR5, Black Sand Pearl

Products Discussed in

To Top