Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Nitto Terra Grappler: Weight?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Terra Grappler: Weight?

I've been looking into getting the Nitto Terra Grappler 265/75/16 tires for my truck. These seem like a nice tire. I've had BFG's (heavy and wore faster than expected) and Revos (narrow tread pattern and wore quickly) in the past and am looking to get something different. These have a good look and seem to get good reviews.

I've considered the following tires:
  • BFG ATs
  • Revo 2
  • Michellin A/T2
  • Nitto Grappler
  • Sumitomo All Terrain
  • Pirelli Scorpion

Weight seems to be the biggest requirement. I'd like to keep it light, but I want to have at least 16/32" tread depth. Wow, this is turning into a "Which Tire should I buy" thread. I'm sure we've all seen plenty of those. Back on topic...

I can't seem to locate any weight specs on the Nitto tires. I've only had about 30-45 minutes to search, but it's been completely fruitless. I'd really like to have a link so that I could potentially check other sizes as well (primarily 265s and 285s). I'd like info on the 119s and 123. The larger is usually heavier, but if the tread depth is substantially greater, I might just have to deal with the heavier tire.

Anybody know where online I can find these numbers? If not, anyone know the numbers off hand?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
rolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud ofrolltyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
rolltyd's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my Nittos put on Friday. Love them 265/70/17 looks more like a truck and sits higher, Buy them. Don't know the weight..