nay 16 55.17%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
DaytonLax14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
DaytonLax14's Tacoma Gallery
Pep Boys definity tires yay or nay?

I'm thinking about getting the definity m/t tires. They quoted me at $690 including installation, alignment, and all that jazz. That is the price with the buy 3 tires, get the 4th for a buck.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #5
mxpilot has a spectacular aura aboutmxpilot has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
mxpilot's Tacoma Gallery
I had them on my '07 Access Cab, great in snow and wet, not too noisy (went with 255/75s), great wear for the 5000 miles I had them. Gas mileage stayed the same. Heard they're made by Cooper, which Pep Boys also sells.

I did a similar deal, but was considerably cheaper, ended up being quite a bit under $500 after the rebate. But that was last year.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #6

yeah the price is $160 per tire now

used to be a lot cheaper
Old 09-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I had maybe three sets of them on my 2001 4WD Taco... after two sets of BFG Rugged Trails wore out. They were called 'Futura' then (made by Cooper)... The Dakota AT style... Cheap, worked well in the desert and sand... but only lasted 25,000 miles, so with the 50,000 mile warantee... I got replacements at half price!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:22 AM   #9
mxpilot has a spectacular aura aboutmxpilot has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
mxpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Last year, they offered both names, but no Futura in AT or MT. I've read Futura isn't as good a tire overall as Definitys. Definity and Cooper models look identical.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #10
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on mine. Good tires. I've got about 35K on them and they still look pretty good. Just rotate them religiously.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
My buddy had them on his Ranger and they worked really well. I was surprised.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #12
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The M/Ts are quality tires with a tread warranty...I Think its 40K, which is what the BFG A/Ts have.

Plus its buy 3 get 1 free! DO IT!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I voted no

that buy 3 deal usually doesn't count truck tires. and also make sure they have the right wheel adapter to balance them properly (haweka??) do a search

that old saying , "you get what you pay for" really does have truth to it.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
I voted no

that buy 3 deal usually doesn't count truck tires. and also make sure they have the right wheel adapter to balance them properly (haweka??) do a search

that old saying , "you get what you pay for" really does have truth to it.
That deal ALWAYS counts for there tires out here...but we're more offroad based in AZ too so maybe thats why...Shit, they have the deal going on out here now and there M/Ts are included in all sizes
Old 09-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #15

Check this out...all the specs are listed about this tire on the left side.

http://www.pepboys.com/catalog/tirec...2857516&lc=TIR
Old 09-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #16
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
don't do pep boys anything, the tires may not be bad but they can't balance or align anything for shit at pep boys and are totally incompetent. Go with a name brand and go somewhere where they know what their doing to save yourself time and future money
Old 09-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #17
ibengineer will become famous soon enoughibengineer will become famous soon enough
ibengineer's Tacoma Gallery
^^ I agree. I got 4 new BFG Km2's (33x10.5) for like 680 out the door, including lifetime alignment from american tire depot.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #18
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
i have the definity m/t in 285/75/16 got them for about $580 installed
so far so good i was concerned about the 2 ply side wall but they havent let me down yet..and they drive pretty well....i have about 18k on them and they seem to hold up nice.....
p.s. definity is made by cooper
Old 09-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #19

well fellas i got them installed today and they look pretty damn good
Old 09-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #20
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
don't do pep boys anything, the tires may not be bad but they can't balance or align anything for shit at pep boys and are totally incompetent. Go with a name brand and go somewhere where they know what their doing to save yourself time and future money
Probably depends on the shop. There's one out here that I've gone to consistently and they've never had any problems balancing the tires or aligning my truck. They even fixed an issue that 4wheelparts screwed up.