Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need cheap wheels...any suggestions

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
dauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud of
dauange's Tacoma Gallery
Need cheap wheels...any suggestions

I discovered that the area where I normally deer hunt is now overgrown with locust saplings and misc other crap that is 6-8' tall. If you don't know anything about locusts, they have 3-6" steel hard thorns. I want to take my truck and beat down a path so that I can get on the property to hunt but clearly don't want 4 flat tires.

Any ideas on how I could get a set of super cheap rims (6 lug) and tires to use for this purpose? I would think that a junk yard would still want a decent amount for rims but I don't even need anything that is road worthy. I'm thinking I could pull off the highway, jack up the truck and swap the wheels and then beat crap down till my heart is content.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
like a boss
middiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security
Name: Joe
middiedefense's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to middiedefense
If your willing to change wheels why not formulate something to go over/on your on for the sole purpose of knocking that junk down...eg. burlap, chains, idle anything cheaper then a set of wheels
Old 09-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
dauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud ofdauange has much to be proud of
dauange's Tacoma Gallery
That's a good point but I don't know of anything that can withstand these thorns that would protect the tires.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
american racing steelies, $40 each.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
like a boss
middiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security
Name: Joe
middiedefense's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to middiedefense
To be honest I'm scared of these thorns and have never seen them where are these intense buggers
Old 09-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #6
dauange's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a full grown tree. Yes the thorns come out of the trunk and all the branches like that. Saplings aren't as wicked with the thorns but when hidden in other heavily overgrown brush can do serious damage. They are common new growth weed trees in Ohio. The land isn't mine or else i'd put serious work into removing them and keeping areas bush hogged.

Attached Thumbnails
Need cheap wheels...any suggestions-img00004-2009.jpg