Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TSL's or Boggers???

View Poll Results: Which swamper is better for my application?
TSL's 8 61.54%
Bogger's 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
TSL's or Boggers???

I'm putting together a set of strictly offroad wheels/tires. I have the black steel wheels already but I'm trying to figure out what to pair them with. I want a versitile tire that will have the BEST performance on the rocks, dirt, mud, gravel, snow... ect. I know that boggers are pretty much the tire to go with for what I want, but I also hear a lot of people saying that TSL's are better than Boggers. Does anybody have experience with both of these tires and can help me decide which to go with?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
option C

Old 09-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set of TSL's and Boggers for a 92 yota that I owned. In my opinion the TSL's were an Excellent tire! The grip they offered was superb! The boggers in my opinion were just as good! I voted TSL's simply for the fact that when I drove on the street with the boggers I felt as if I was riding down train tracks! The ride was awful! Keep in mind that I was in school at the time and the yota was my daily driver. I preffered the TSL's simply for the on road ride. Both are great tires for the terrain i came across which was mud and rocky trails in Telico and Monteagle. If your gonna have your rig on the road often go with the TSL's...just my $0.02.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
dude those are some pretty serious tires! what size? TSLs look really good for like all around and boggers are just so wicked and look like they will dominate some mud pits
Old 09-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I vote Option C.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
boggers in the rear...TSLs up front
Old 09-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
boggers in the rear...TSLs up front
Thats a good combo!
Old 09-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #8
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i like both but the TSLs are still good on the street and trails.the boggers are horrible on the street.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #9
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

I read that a lot of guys use boggers in the rear and tsls up front. But I have the otion for one or the other. Either 32X10.50X15 TSL's or 33X14.50X15 Boggers. I want the boggers becasue there's a lot more rubber contacting the ground than the TSL's... 4 more inches of it...

Another thing is that these are going to be my strictly offroad shoes. I'll use my BFGs to get to the spot and then throw on the swampers. They will almost never be used on the road.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
I read that a lot of guys use boggers in the rear and tsls up front. But I have the otion for one or the other. Either 32X10.50X15 TSL's or 33X14.50X15 Boggers. I want the boggers becasue there's a lot more rubber contacting the ground than the TSL's... 4 more inches of it...

Another thing is that these are going to be my strictly offroad shoes. I'll use my BFGs to get to the spot and then throw on the swampers. They will almost never be used on the road.
where are you going to keep the bfgs when on the trail????wont someone steal them??
Old 09-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
where are you going to keep the bfgs when on the trail????wont someone steal them??
Is it stealing? I say finders keepers lol jk If you saw a random set of wheels sitting in the woods, would you leave them?

Seems like a lot of trouble taking them off once you get to the trail. Why not just change them at home and drive to the trail. I highly doubt you will put that much mileage on them doing that.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #12
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Couldn't he just put the extra wheels in his bed?
Old 09-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Nope not an option. He will be carrying fat chicks in the bed to keep some weight on the rear. Better traction.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #14
supadave888 is on a distinguished road

supadave888's Tacoma Gallery
i have tsl's and i love em.. but if you are not going to be driving it with the mudders then i say boggers all the way! you know you gotta put pics of it once its done
Old 09-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #15
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Is it stealing? I say finders keepers lol jk If you saw a random set of wheels sitting in the woods, would you leave them?

Seems like a lot of trouble taking them off once you get to the trail. Why not just change them at home and drive to the trail. I highly doubt you will put that much mileage on them doing that.
i guess its not stealing....wonder where he wheels
Old 09-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Exactly. I wouldn't just elave my wheels in the woods. Plus, the added wight from the tires in the back will make the truck wheel better anyway.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice

Air Force:
Name: Clyde
2011TacoSport4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Boggers require a lot of horsepower for maximum effectiveness! I run tsl/sx on my 85 crawler and they are simply better. IMO

And boggers will beat your kidneys on the road!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #18
TIM GAINOUS is on a distinguished road

TIM GAINOUS's Tacoma Gallery
x2 2011 is exactly correct. get tsl sx and change em at home!