Notices

Light truck or passenger load rated tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
swbimny is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
swbimny's Tacoma Gallery
Light truck or passenger load rated tires

I've destroyed a couple tires by tread and sidewall punctures off road. I'm looking at Michelin ltx/at2 and bridgestone duelers. The both come in passenger rated and light truck rated. Is there a difference in durability besides the maximum load.

Thanks for any help
Old 09-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Light truck tires will have a heavier load rating and more steel belts. They will ride a little harsher but I would never put passenger tires on a truck.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottri View Post
Light truck tires will have a heavier load rating and more steel belts. They will ride a little harsher but I would never put passenger tires on a truck.
Your truck came with either P245/75/16, P265/70/16, or 265/65/17 which are all P-metric tires.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
gobias's Tacoma Gallery
LTs will be better for off-road, towing, and airing down.

I'm with Scottri. Had P rated tires on my Tacoma before and now LTs. The MPG hit and extra weight is worth it IMHO.

The LTS AT2s are awesome tires. Have a few friends that have them on their truck and they're great. Not necessarily the best off-road but capable.
Dueler REVOs get rave reviews but I have yet to have any experience with them.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
if u wheel it, get the lt for sure.