Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Stock Dunlops

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Stock Dunlops

I have to just say that i give my stock Dunlops props...

I have been through Mud, sand, rocks, snow and they have held up...they rock on pavement

I cant believe it. All my other trucks ive had MTs so ive been trying to kill these for an excuse to buy new "shoes".

I went offroading today on some of the nastiest sharpest rocks ive ever been on and they held up . My P rated (not even LT) survived a trail with rocks that have claimed E rated tires.

People on here have seen me do crazy stuff and ive been on crazy trails and my tires have taken me anywhere.

Just thought id share...
Old 09-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
Jimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jim
Jimsc's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on the Dunlops. I haven't been off roading, but they are quiet and smooth riding and I'm getting 26 mpg on the highway! I have read a lot of negitive comments on this board about the Dunlops and was ready to change them out, but because it was going to cost so much I decided to keep them and give it a try...I'm glad I did because they have been great so far.

I think because a lot of people off road on this board they are bias towards BFG and wouldn't be satisfied with any other brand. Those BFG might be good off road but your not going to get the mileage of them you get with the Dunlops!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I have the stock steelies and the Dunlap 245's...I'm happy with them.

Someabitches are rugged and ride real nice on the street...smooth and quiet...good on wet roads. Better performing tire than I would have thought.

Although I'd rather have some 265 Michelin's
Old 09-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
megillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
megillet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to megillet
Yeah, they sure are awesome. They slide all over in the rain, can't wait to try them in snow (and I drive like a slow, old man wearing a hat). 4K miles and nothing but pavement and one tire got a huge bump, sidewall tore from the inside out. And no, I didn't rub it against a curb, ever. They are getting replaced ASAP, so if you guys like them so much, make me an offer.
Attached Thumbnails
Stock Dunlops-img00100.jpg  
Old 09-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Dunlops suck, they are slippery on water, they screech a lot, wear out quickly, cant wait to toss the shit out of them.... I hate them..... 20% of life remaining at 33000 km / 20,000 mi +-
Old 09-14-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
running proper pressure i have 50% left at about 20k

Maybe i just lucked out... ive been on some nasty "rock crawling trails"

For those of you who wheel hard in socal...ive done every bypass on cleghorn in both directions, almost every nasty trail in big bear including tip top(jagged rocks), Gold Mountain trail, and Dishpan springs. rock crawled in johnson valley, did some "mudding" in Holy jim. Including pulling out other tacos who got stuck...

It may be the truck and i believe the truck is amazingly capable but i cant believe these tires have held up...
Old 09-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #7
jamrock83 is on a distinguished road

Name: AARON
jamrock83's Tacoma Gallery
ive got stock dunlops on 245's and steelies they did surprisingly well in 2 plus feet of snow we got here in DC over the winter. but in the rain theyre not too great and at 25000 miles not much tread left in them.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Just thought I would note that the Dunlops are rated 55th out of 59 tires in their category from reviews on tirerack.com, with a whopping 2.5 out of every 10 people saying they would buy again.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...y.jsp?type=HAS

If you like the Dunlops, then you'll love a real tire.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #9
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
I hated every mile on mine...couldn't wait to get rid of them. They held mud in the treads, had awful traction in the wet, wore rather quickly, and were absolutely useless on hard packed snow covered roads. However, they did get great fuel mileage. To each their own, I guess.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #10
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
Name: Brian
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
20k miles and about 15% tread left. They have worn done extremely fast, at 14k miles, I noticed how bald they were already getting and decided to just not bother rotating them anymore. Can't wait to get new tires!

However, I will agree that they have surprised me off road. I have gone through everything my friends in full size lifted trucks on mud terrains have. I do put it into 4 wheel drive before them though, as I don't want to give them the satisfaction of pulling my truck out! While they have done a lot better than I would have thought they would off road, it still doesn't mean they have performed excellent...
Also, 2 weeks after buying the truck:
(roughly 700 miles on the truck at that point, a stick punctured the sidewall)
Attached Thumbnails
Stock Dunlops-1018091037a.jpg  
Old 09-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #11
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
im at 43k miles and have 20% left... What am I doing wrong (right)?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #12
coglark07 is on a distinguished road

coglark07's Tacoma Gallery
After 9 flats on only 44k, i decided to put my dunlops on the old tire fire!!! Toyo open country a/ts all the way
Old 09-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #13
bt08231 has a spectacular aura aboutbt08231 has a spectacular aura about

bt08231's Tacoma Gallery
I have 25k on mine and they hardly even look worn!!!! i drive like an old man though, i want these to wear out but they wont for some reason...... ill have to take a depth measurement, but i can tell you just by lookin at them there is a SHIT LOAD of tread left
Old 09-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #14
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
damn...looks like the honeymoon with my 2,000 mile Dunlap's is gonna end soon. lol

Guess I better start looking into those Michelin's soon.