Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

My 255/85/16 Cooper ST on 4.5 bs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #21
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
the 4.56 with my 2.7 transmission and a .81 overdrive will put me at 100 rpm higher at 65mph than stock 4.10 gears with the 245/75/16 so I think you should be great!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #22
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Oliver, How wide are the wheels?

Wide is not always the answer!!!

They look real good and when I destroy my stock less than rugged trails I may get that size!!!!

The old timers used to prefer narrow tires for mud, Less muck to slush out of the way I guess.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:12 PM   #23
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You know what...F IT, I LOVE THESE TIRES!

My wheels are 8" wide, the wheels are 10" wide and the tread is 7" wide. Load range D and I freaking love these tires!

I am tired of having my thoughts affected by people saying things so today I am putting my foot down and ROCKING the narrow/skinny/pizza cutter rubbers
Old 09-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #24
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

I mentioned to my cousin the size and he said "Hell yeah! Those tires are freaking legit and pretty decent!"
Old 09-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #25
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
pimpin' aint easy, Oliver, get it!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #26
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Oliver, you know how to tell if someone is a pioneer?

They usually have a couple arrows in their azz!!!!

They are perfect the wider by 2" tire protects the rim and running wider/ heavier tires makes no sense when you have limited power to deal with anyway. Not to mention gas milage with even heavier tires.

Function over style.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #27
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
looks cool to me.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #28
Almost there

Old 09-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #29
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
I totally dig those tires!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #31
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
they are st not stt. just to let you know
Old 09-13-2010, 12:22 AM   #32
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
totally killed the low end huh?

that scares me a bit. With my A/C on my truck already feels a bit anemic on hills.
i may just go with 235/85s
Old 09-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #34
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Looks rad! How much does each tire weigh? How much lift r u runnin? Keep us posted on what these do to your mpgs.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #35
Almost there

Background: spindles and coilovers set at 4" front and rear 1.5 aal.

tires weigh in at im pretty sure it was 48 lbs (2lbs more then my 265 MT/.

gauge drops fast around town but hangs very nicely while going 65 on the freeway. ONce i fill up i will give real mpg taking into account size difference and all
Old 09-14-2010, 06:29 AM   #36
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone runs across a C range 255 spread the word. I would think this size in a 40 pound AT would be a sweet spot. Of course with this diameter I'd probably be SOL since I'm only lifted 2".
Old 09-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #37
Almost there

I am announcing my first report on the tires!

Ok so average MPG with 75% highway and 25% city driving will yield 24.36 MPG. My previous fill up with 265/75/16's was 24.55 MPG. I attribute this huge difference to the fact that when my speedo says 60 I am actually going around 64. So if I slowed my roll I would gain that huge difference back lol

Taking turns on the freeway at 65ish does not feel as stable as the 265's but I dont feel unsafe. Driving characteristics are a little different when turning around town but just takes time getting used to like anything different.

Tire noise is low freeway driving but when I am around town driving with the windows down and turn I can really hear the tires but again no biggy as long as they are quiet on the freeway.

Driving on the freeway in 5th really boggs the engine down 2.2k RPM. I have an ultragauge and the engine load stays around 65% level ground and slight hills goes to 98% engine load. Instant MPG goes from 24-25 level to 14-15 up hills no biggy.

I have tested driving in 4th gear on freeway. The RPM's at 65 are about 2.5k but the engine load is significantly lower, 45-50% level and 85% max up those same small hills.

I have no yet had a chance to test them offroad but hope to get a report on it after this weekend
Old 09-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #38
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Keep us posted!
Old 09-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #39

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
great info Oliver, thanks man!
Old 09-25-2010, 04:07 AM   #40
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
As soon as my stockers wear out, this is the tire size I'll be buying for my truck!