Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

My 255/85/16 Cooper ST on 4.5 bs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #41
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeled today with the 255's. The traction was really good, slipped a lot less than with the mud terrains. Aired down to about 20psi in the rear and they drove pretty well.

They RUB It might just be the alignment which I can increase the caster but the way I think about it I might as well just do a cab mount chop just because... the wheels are not centered right in the middle of the wheel well so I think with some increased caster I can get them to work fine without rubbing. They do not rub at full lock only when the wheels are about 45 degrees.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #43
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
revive an old thread. doing some research on these tires and size. how has your wear on these tires been?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #44
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
revive an old thread. doing some research on these tires and size. how has your wear on these tires been?
Speaking on his behalf, they've worn well..He's got about 90% tread left on them.....

They're sitting in his garage in a pile
Old 02-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #45
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Speaking on his behalf, they've worn well..He's got about 90% tread left on them.....

They're sitting in his garage in a pile
Sitting in a garage? Is that why he has 90% tread left? Most unhelpful...
Old 02-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #46
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Actually 95% tread left. I used thwm for a good 6 month I think with a bit of off-road on them. I'd guess I put 7-8k miles on them
Old 02-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #47
Man, Myth, Legend

bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Actually 95% tread left. I used thwm for a good 6 month I think with a bit of off-road on them. I'd guess I put 7-8k miles on them
Would you recommend them?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #48
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sitting in a garage? Is that why he has 90% tread left? Most unhelpful...
How is that un-helpful? They've worn brilliantly so far

He bought a set of 35s....he's been running those.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #49
Nightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightwar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Nick
Nightwar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just do it dude.... haha and sell me your old ones
Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #50
Almost there

I loved them, did extremely well in the mud. I would have definetly kept them but with a wide ass front end they look/looked goofy
Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #51
Man, Myth, Legend

bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwar View Post
just do it dude.... haha and sell me your old ones
wont be for at least another 9 months or so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
I loved them, did extremely well in the mud. I would have definetly kept them but with a wide ass front end they look/looked goofy
thanks
Old 07-31-2014, 08:52 AM   #52
berk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of light
berk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Would you recommend a mud tire with 150,000 mile tread life?
Old 07-31-2014, 10:04 AM   #53
Man, Myth, Legend

bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by berk View Post
Would you recommend a mud tire with 150,000 mile tread life?
Huh?
Old 08-01-2014, 02:13 PM   #54
berk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of lightberk is a glorious beacon of light
berk's Tacoma Gallery
He put 7-8k on and has 95% left. That's a 150000 mile tire. It's okay, I don't blame him, I exaggerate too.