Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

My 255/85/16 Cooper ST on 4.5 bs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
My 255/85/16 Cooper ST on 4.5 bs

Old 09-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
looks good....skinny tires would help in certain situations i imagine
Old 09-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks fuggin sic Oli! Gongrats bro!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks! When I picked the truck up yesterday I was like F*** what did I do!

After looking at the tires more and driving it and such, I am still on the fence on keeping them, but they are starting to grow on me..
Old 09-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
Hunter'06FLKY is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Hunter'06FLKY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Thanks! When I picked the truck up yesterday I was like F*** what did I do!

After looking at the tires more and driving it and such, I am still on the fence on keeping them, but they are starting to grow on me..
i was the same way when i got my 235/85/16's. They'll grow on you.

are you planning on regearing?
Old 09-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i think it looks awesome. If you dont like, you can sell to me lol
Old 09-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on the fence about them as well

Those last two pics look sexy!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Wow , looks cool dude .

Your 3rd pic makes me think that the tire is destined to hit the fender under any flex though . Have you tried flexing it yet ?
Old 09-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #10
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
looks good....skinny tires would help in certain situations i imagine
I read over and over again the website where the 1st gen runs the BFG and a lot of reviews by others and finally got the balls to get them lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter'06FLKY View Post
i was the same way when i got my 235/85/16's. They'll grow on you.

are you planning on regearing?
I do plan on regearing. unfortunately I wont have the funds until December which is fine because I cannot decide between 4.56 or 4.88..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Wow , looks cool dude .

Your 3rd pic makes me think that the tire is destined to hit the fender under any flex though . Have you tried flexing it yet ?
I personally have not flexed them. I asked the alignment shop I went to flexed to make sure they will not rub the frame. They checked and said it was close but I should be ok. I will have to trim that plastic crap off the front which is fine with me because after wheeling on time I broke the clips and the right side is just dangling there now.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #11
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Why re-gear? Do you tow?
Old 09-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
Almost there

I need to re-gear because I have NO, I mean NO low end at all!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I still have plenty even up here at around 6,000 feet. What size did you have before?
Old 09-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #15
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
I still have plenty even up here at around 6,000 feet. What size did you have before?
What he said below

Quote:
The OP has a 2.7 .
Old 09-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea there a lil narrow for sure oli but I think there great for your truck! I'd keep em but after seeing this I'm definitely gonna get 285s...or 295s....that tubed bumper I'm getting will free up some room so I might do 295/75/16s
Old 09-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #17

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The OP has a 2.7 .
now it all makes sense.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #18
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Yea there a lil narrow for sure oli but I think there great for your truck! I'd keep em but after seeing this I'm definitely gonna get 285s...or 295s....that tubed bumper I'm getting will free up some room so I might do 295/75/16s
I thought about the 295/75/16 but way to wide for my little 4 banger I might buy a used set a set them on another set of wheels
Old 09-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
I might buy a used set a set them on another set of wheels
There ya go
Old 09-12-2010, 06:53 PM   #20
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
looks badass I think. I'm a big fan of the old military tires and I think it looks great!!
Do you think my stock 4:56 gears will move them ok?