Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New treads for the beast

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
New treads for the beast

Want to upgrade my tires after TSB and front lift. 265/70/17. Currently have the 265/65/17 What would people recommend? BF Goodrich's are nice but weigh a lot. I like Toyo's, Khumo, and I don't know. Any suggestions?
Old 09-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs....don't have them, but hear alot of good stories about them. I'd be getting these once I'm up for some new tires.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the BFG All-Terrains in the exact size you're looking for, and only 16lbs more than the tire you have now. Hope this helps
Old 09-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
how much did your gas mileage change though? they are heavy
Old 09-13-2010, 06:26 AM   #5
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
My research tells me its about a 2-3 mpg difference from the stockers. That said...the stockers were built to give good gas mileage (a selling point on a small truck). Any highly aggressive tire is going to kill your mpg.

Are you off roading or just looking for a more aggressive tire?

I am in the market for an A/T tire and really want the Bridgestone Dueller Revo 2's or the GoodYear Wrangler Silent Armor (snowflake rated). Both have an aggressive look, good reviews and are long lasting (50K mi warranty).
Old 09-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
no off roading at all, but live on the east coast. a lot of snow you know
Old 09-13-2010, 06:45 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper Discoverer ATR's. I live right around you and couldn't be happier with them in the snow. Also, not too loud on dry pavement. I'm running the 265/65R17s though.

I've also heard good things about the duratracs and revos but don't have any first-hand experience with them.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #8
Club Soda Not Seals
Mush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mush
Mush Mouse's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin AT2s, do the search button on them
Old 09-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #9
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys it will be lifted soon as well. tsb next week. then Toytec coilovers in front
Old 09-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #10
HARDCORE CARNIVORE BOW HUNTER
lynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
lynyrd3's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lynyrd3
I have been researching the web for weeks on this issue . I just had the TSB done,now I have to make an appointment at the dealer to put my billies in the front at around 1.75 inches according to most people here at TW. I even called the Mavis Discount tire 800 #. I do not go off road much ,just during hunting season. I think I am going with Cooper Discoverer ATR in 265/75R16 , $119, balanced and installed from Mavis . Sounds like a good deal to me. Oh yea I live in NY near Ma..lots of snow sometimes !
Old 09-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #11
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Go with some real tires. Get the Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar's