Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

super swamper tires in danger!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
super swamper tires in danger!

i just talked to a very large very informed local tire dealer. when i inquired about tsl thornbirds the tire guy told me that the company that manufactured tsl interco super swamper tires filed for chapter 11!!! this is a blow because in my opinion they make some of the most gnarly off road tires ever. now this is what the guy told me i do not know if it is true or not but i do believe that it should at least be mentioned here. apparently the company that produced super swamper is denman like denman ground hawg's the tire i would guess!!. any body that is super lifted and is really hard core either runs ground hawg's or boggers and thornbirds so this blows. and is a whack in the testes to the off road community.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
It's fine. That company may be going out of business, but some other tire company has rights to that tire and will be producing it still.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Chapter 11 or Chapter 7?

http://business-journal.com/denman-t...smenu=1&mad=No

And as Krazie stated, the patents, molds, recipes, drawings and other intellectual property are now owned by Titan Tire Corp.

http://business-journal.com/denman-t...smenu=1&mad=No
Old 09-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
Got Beer?
BeerHat will become famous soon enoughBeerHat will become famous soon enough

BeerHat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
Dont Nitto and Intero own each other or somthing?
Toyo owns Nitto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
I never liked Interco tires anyways, especially those retarded super swampers. There about worthless for anything but forward in mud
Old 09-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Thornbirds are possibly the worst offroad tire ever. Loud and low life on road, horrible traction offroad and clog easily. I had Super Swapmer SX on my CJ and while great offroad they sucked on road. I am done with Interco... lets hope they go bankrupt and dissappear.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:52 AM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
thornturds are well documented as the worst offroad tire ever produced i think

Trxus M/Ts wont hold up to a lot of pavement use despite what the ads say...i got MAYBE 20K miles out of a set before they were almost bald...they work great offroad...but...they just dont last on a multipurpose truck

mud grips such as groundhawgs/boggers etc arent the end all be all of offroad tires