Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

General Grabber HTS - 265/75-16

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
vegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jamie
vegetopia's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to vegetopia Send a message via MSN to vegetopia
General Grabber HTS - 265/75-16

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....es&tab=Reviews

Anyone running these? The reviews on TireRack seem very favorable. I'm looking for something that's a bit beefier than I have now (265/70-16 Fuzion XTi, which admittedly are not bad tires), but with good mpg characteristics, good handling, and low road noise.

I have a 2003 2.7L prerunner with 5100s and OME 880s in the front and 5100s and Wheeler's 5 leaf in the rear.

Any other suggestions?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
vegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to behold

no one has any experience with these tires?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
Camdan will become famous soon enoughCamdan will become famous soon enough
Name: Cameron
Camdan's Tacoma Gallery
I don't but I have been thinking of the general grabbers myself. The reviews look really good for these tires but no personal experience.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camdan View Post
I don't but I have been thinking of the general grabbers myself. The reviews look really good for these tires but no personal experience.
it's ranked as #2 in the highway truck tire category on TireRack. Gotta be pretty good and the price is right.

I'm just worried that the tread won't look beefy enough for me. But honestly, economy > looks (at least a little bit).
Old 09-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #5

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....TOWL&tab=Sizes

These look like a great bet for a bit more offroad traction.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
so do you want a good highway tire or off road traction? how much do you wanna spend?
Old 09-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

both good tires. the second would have less road noise due to tighter tread pattern
Old 09-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
MSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MSUtacoboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post

both good tires. the second would have less road noise due to tighter tread pattern
that's the next tire i buy
Old 09-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #9
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetopia View Post
it's ranked as #2 in the highway truck tire category on TireRack. Gotta be pretty good and the price is right.

I'm just worried that the tread won't look beefy enough for me. But honestly, economy > looks (at least a little bit).
Isn't it about function?
Old 09-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #10
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
Isn't it about function?
yeah but people want their tires to look good too. cant blame the man
Old 09-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #11
MSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
this is what i have now. i didn't put them on, they came on the truck. tires were brand new, so i'll wait until i wear them down before getting those grabber at2
Old 09-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #12

Quote:
so do you want a good highway tire or off road traction? how much do you wanna spend?
I want a highway tire, primarily, but want it to be able to handle some dirt. not a lot. No more than $150, but the closer to $100 the better.

Quote:

I think this tire looks like the best between form and function:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....tination+A%2FT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
Isn't it about function?
Did you read what I wrote right after saying that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetopia View Post
But honestly, economy > looks (at least a little bit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
yeah but people want their tires to look good too. cant blame the man
right. but I still think that for my purposes, the function has to be greater than the form.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #13
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUtacoboy View Post
this is what i have now. i didn't put them on, they came on the truck. tires were brand new, so i'll wait until i wear them down before getting those grabber at2
how are these working out for you??
Old 09-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
how are these working out for you??
i haven't been in mud yet. only had the truck 2 weeks. a little dirt roads... did well, but a street tire will do fine in where i was.

Products Discussed in this Thread