Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New rims/tires/tpms setup... TPMS Light was on... Now off.?!?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2010, 04:21 AM   #1
State of Mind
808Raider is on a distinguished road

808Raider's Tacoma Gallery
New rims/tires/tpms setup... TPMS Light was on... Now off.?!?

So I bought new rims and tires for my truck and instead of taking apart the stock rims and tires to get the stock tpms, I just bought some new ones on eBay and installed them with the new setup. I got everything installed and after taking the stock wheels tires outta the bed of the truck and selling them, the tpms light came on as expected. I was going to take the truck into the dealer to get the new sensors reprogrammed but after driving a couple hundred miles on the new wheels/tires the light has now turned off. Not sure why since the old sensors are nowhere nearby but has anyone else had something like this happen? Weird
Old 09-17-2010, 05:33 AM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
When you say nowhere nearby how far is that?
I can get a 40 mile range from my stockers w/ sensors in storage during the summer months (winter wheels & tires).
Once out of range the light blinks. Once back home overnight, the light resets itself.
It is weird for I can park at the trail head 30 miles away from my house, not get a light, park & hike all day, get back to the truck, no light.
This is my experience over the last 5 years on both my tundra and tacoma.

I do not know why you initially triggered the light though

So..if the wheels/tires/sensors I still near you I guess its possible.