Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

265/75 R16 Tires Help

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
Range 44 has a spectacular aura aboutRange 44 has a spectacular aura about

Range 44's Tacoma Gallery
265/75 R16 Tires Help

I have a 2011 TRD OR DC Pre-Run, I like the factory look but want to go a little taller and level it out. What do I need to do to be able to run 265/75 R16 on the factory wheels? Suggestions? Pics? Currently going through the TSB Battle with Toyota, Pretty ridiculous!
Attached Thumbnails
265/75 R16 Tires Help-img_0905.jpg  
Old 09-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You can run 265/75/16 on your current stock suspension .
Old 09-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
crack rules!!
AZ~Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: J.R.
AZ~Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've been running 265/75 16 BFGs on my 06 TRD OR DC without any problems. Someone suggested I take the mud flaps off so avoid rubbing when I turned...pulled those, so no issues at all
Old 09-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
biasottw is on a distinguished road

biasottw's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 Access Cab TRD Off-Road came stock with 265/75R16's so you should have no problem
Old 09-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
The stock TRD Off Road Tire is 265/70-16... a 265/75-16 is an inch taller and that gives you a half inch more ground clearance and will have your speedometer reading accurately! No mods needed, it will fit on the factory wheels.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery

Take at look at the Michelin LTX AT2s and see if you like them. I put on 265/70/16 and I like the way that the truck sets.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #7
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
I have 265/75r16 definty dakotas on my truck right now but I am going back to stock size this week when I buy new tires. Going with General Grabber AT2
Old 09-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
MSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MSUtacoboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evile View Post
I have 265/75r16 definty dakotas on my truck right now but I am going back to stock size this week when I buy new tires. Going with General Grabber AT2
the grabber AT2 will be the next tire i get as well. whenever that is. i have the 265/70 - stock size now. i want the 75
Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #9
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
265/75/16 Duratracs. They rubbed on the front mud flaps a bit. No problems since I removed them.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
The stock TRD Off Road Tire is 265/70-16... a 265/75-16 is an inch taller and that gives you a half inch more ground clearance and will have your speedometer reading accurately! No mods needed, it will fit on the factory wheels.
wrong! where do you guys get this stuff really?
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCal...?action=submit

go ahead and play with the real calculator, speedo will be 3.4% too slow...
Old 09-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosport View Post

He was probably referring to the fact that the speedo's in the 2nd gens(atleast the 2009+) have a speedo that reads too fast from the factory. So theoretically it may read accurate with the slightly larger tire.

Although I have noticed my speedo still reads too high.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosport View Post

Most guys are using their GPS to get an accurate reading and have found the factory speedo to be off .
Old 09-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WHY?

(what happened with the Dakotas, how many miles did they last)

(why going back to a smaller tire)

Thank you!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #14

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
He was probably referring to the fact that the speedo's in the 2nd gens(atleast the 2009+) have a speedo that reads too fast from the factory. So theoretically it may read accurate with the slightly larger tire.

Although I have noticed my speedo still reads too high.
Exactly... I thought that was common knowledge around here... It has been posted many times that a 1" taller tire would actually make our fast speedmeter read right on.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #15
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery

TSB, billys @.85, 265/75R16 good year Duratracs
have about 1 inch of lift
Old 09-28-2010, 04:25 AM   #16
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
WHY?

(what happened with the Dakotas, how many miles did they last)

(why going back to a smaller tire)

Thank you!
Dakotas wore out got about 40k miles on them. Going smaller because of availability and price. Also every thing in that size is a LT load range E tire.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:20 AM   #17

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dakotas wore out got about 40k miles on them. Going smaller because of availability and price. Also every thing in that size is a LT load range E tire.
That's amazing! Back when I ran Dakotas (2003-5) they lasted about 25,000 miles at which point started getting flats easily... Pep Boys would replace them at 50% off since they were so thin at half the 50,000 mile rating... cost me $45 for a new one.