1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2 - P or LT?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ekard, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Sep 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    ekard

ekard [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC SB 4X4 OR
    TRD Exhaust, Bilstein 5100's, Eibach coils, TSB Leaf pack, Toyota Bed Mat and D-Rings, Dakine Tailgate Pad, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech Floormats, PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Goodyear Duratracs 265/75/16, SCS F5 wheels
    Nope, it's not a poll. I'm looking for actual feedback. ;)

Thinking about pulling the trigger on some Revo 2's soon since tire prices are supposed to go up in October.

So they're offered in both a P and a E load rating... From what I've read, they tend to err towards the softer side when it comes to sidewall stiffness, so I'm kinda leaning towards the E series. I don't do that much off-roading, but I do haul around motorcycles from time to time and I like the idea of a little more robust tire. The E series also seem to have wider and deeper tread according to Tire Rack's measurements. And the E series Revo 2's still come in lighter than most other E series (especially the BFG's) and almost as light as the Duratrac's in a load range C.

But before anyone says to get the Goodyears instead, I've done my research and I feel the Bridgestones are a better fit for me.

I'm just curious who's running which load rating in the Revo 2's and what you think of them. Thanks.

2. Sep 27, 2010 at 4:15 AM
    zebra1550

zebra1550 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 DC OR Package
    16X8 Raceline Renegade 6's, 265/75R16 Revo 2's, Jason Tonneau, De-Badged, De-Chromed, Wet Okole's, 5100's & Rear TSB, Window's Tinted
    LT all the way. I've got roughly 15K miles on my Revo 2's, and they've been great so far. I was nervous about going with an E rated tire on such a light truck. However, my truck actually rides smoother than my wife's mercedes, if that tells you anything. The E rated definitely have deeper tread than the P's, and at 15K miles, they barely look worn.

I've kept them rotated every 5K miles and all four have work evenly. No balance issues either. I've been running them at 40 PSI, which seems to be giving me the best MPG and ride comfort. The place that installed them initially had them set somewhere around 50 PSI, which was way too stiff.

I've pretty mych been a die hard BFG AT KO fan my entire life, so going to the REVO 2 was a huge departure. I had tried the original REVO on my wife's old Sequoia, but was less than impressed. However, the new REVO's are a night and day difference over the old. We got hit with three back to back blizzards last year, right after I had them installed . The REVO 2 had no problem getting me un-stuck, even after I burried myself in what seemed to be an impossible to get out of snow drift.

Even on decent roads, my factory tires were always setting off my VSC. With the REVO 2's, I couldn't even tell you the last time my VSC activated, they grip that well. That pretty much sums up my experience, good luck with your choice.

3. Sep 27, 2010 at 8:45 AM
    ekard

ekard [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC SB 4X4 OR
    TRD Exhaust, Bilstein 5100's, Eibach coils, TSB Leaf pack, Toyota Bed Mat and D-Rings, Dakine Tailgate Pad, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech Floormats, PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Goodyear Duratracs 265/75/16, SCS F5 wheels
    Awesome. Thanks for the detailed feedback.

4. Sep 27, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    Do you want a soft ride or super load capability. P rated tire more than handle the rated payload of a taco. I have P rated Firestones on my truck right now. Do you like to bury the needle don't go E because they are not rated for that speed. Next set of tires I get will be C rated just because I want a little bit tougher tire for the logging roads around here.

5. Sep 27, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    Shadowbear01

Shadowbear01 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    "North County" San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma DCSB Sport, 4.0L
    AFE throttle-body spacer, Doug Thorley shorty headers, TRD catback, adjustable Bilstein's set at highest level , Add-a-leaf and Bilstein 5100's, All-Pro rack
    Extemely disappointed! The original REVO tires were better, I had them on my 1st gen. I bought a set of REVO 2 for my 2nd gen and I was sliding out on corners and over the cross-walk lines on rainy days. I was even driving under the speed limit. Went back to Discount and traded them in for BFG's AT/KO. No problems since.

6. Sep 28, 2010 at 3:57 AM
    zebra1550

zebra1550 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 DC OR Package
    16X8 Raceline Renegade 6's, 265/75R16 Revo 2's, Jason Tonneau, De-Badged, De-Chromed, Wet Okole's, 5100's & Rear TSB, Window's Tinted
    Yeah, A "C" load range would have been preferable to me initially. However, after the fact, I haven't seen any negatives to the E range. IMO, the E's are a way better investment of money:

"P" rated Tread Depth: 12/32"

"E" rated Tread Depth: 16/32"

So brand new, the E's will give you an additional 1/8" of tread. I bet in 15K miles I've just lost about that much. That's 15K extra miles I've gotten out of the E's versus the P rated. Plus, the E's are only 6 lbs. heavier per tire, so no real loss there.

As far as handling speed, the P's are rated for 118MPH, while the E's are rated for 106MPH. Now I don't know about anyone else, but I drive a 4X4 truck, not a sports car. I've touched 90-95MPH on occasion, while passing on the interstate. That's about it. Can't quite remember what the Gen 2's are governed at, but it's probably somehwere around what the E's can handle.

So, if you want less tread depth, the comfort of knowing that your tires can handle speeds you'll never realistically see in your truck, and a tire way more vulnerable to sidewall damage, buy the passenger rated Revo's.

7. Jan 6, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    Climber

Climber Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Double CabSR-5
    Because of bad road ride....

I have the C-rated first generation Revos and am happy with them. The extra tread depth is great -- with around 12 K on mine I don't see any wear. That said, I have had to let quite a bit of air out of them on gravel and rocky roads not to get the snot knocked out of me and the truck. This gets a little complicated when I hit the pavement again and have to go looking for tire air.

Since the E rated tires are heavier still, I expect you would have to let some air out and run them at 30 lbs or so cold inflation. But then you probably shouldn't run them on the highway with a pressure like that, they could get really hot if there's much load and if you're moving fast.

That said, there's one report on here from someone with the E tires for whom the ride was fine, though I don't know if he goes on rocks and gravel with the. I haven't actually driven one with the P tires so can't compare. I wish they had just kept making the C-rated ones, which seem like a good compromise. It's hard to argue with 16/32 tread depth, it's like driving with chains practically when you get in snow.

I VERY rarely need 4 wheel drive on the local mountain, even in snow. Only occasionally even provoke the traction control, and usually it's on purpose.

I hope they haven't messed up the second gen Revos. The first ones stick well.

8. Jan 7, 2011 at 2:26 AM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    I have the p-metric revo 2's. They seem to be a great tire so far. I went with the p's because they are lighter and ride better. I try to get the best possible fuel economy. I haven't had any problems with them as far as towing goes. I often have a quad in the bed and another on my 5x8 trailer. I just air them up a little when towing. I usually run them at 30/32 front/rear and they ride nice and corner well. Either way you go I think you'll be happy.

Products Discussed in

To Top