Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

kumho road venture mt anybody?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
kumho road venture mt anybody?

i've been looking at tires here lately and am trying to make a decision. i was wanting to go with 285/75/16's this time, since i've had the lift installed. i was looking at more "aggressive" tires such as the dick cepeks, mickey thompsons, nitto's, km2's, even a 285 set of the duratracs i have now, etc. but i stumbled across the kumho road venture mt. of course we all want a really tough looking and great performing tire, and this one is not the most "aggressive," but overall, it seems like a great tire/buy. it has a good tread life, it's only 60lbs, it still looks pretty "tough," and it's only $175 each. as much as i would like a nice set like those mentioned above, these seem like the most practical buy. they won't wear out at like 10k miles like the others, i don't do enough off-roading to need the ability of some of those, they still look good, and they are pretty cheap. so i guess i've came to the point that i realize that even though those other tires look tough, they are too expensive/i don't really "need" them/and wear out too soon. i'd like to hear anything ya'll know about these tires, have experience with them, etc. also, since i'm in the market for a cheaper tire, i'd like to know if any other more practical, cheaper, yet still good looking tires you know of. thanks in advance guys.

ps, check them out right here if you have never seen them
http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
Old 09-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
those look loud
Old 09-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
they're not loud. they hum a little on the high way but hey its a mud tire.

I have 265/75/16s btw
Old 09-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you I like them a lot
Old 09-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I just put the kuhmo's on my truck. The only time they are loud is out on the interstate and it still isn't that bad. When I'm on the backroads, they are barely louder than the a/t's that was on my truck before.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #9
4wd tacoma

trd7's Tacoma Gallery
^nice!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks
Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #12
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
they look damn good on first gens!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
they look damn good on first gens!
i agree, i can't really find any on any 2nd gens. most of the only ones i could find were with like 18" or 20" rims. i wanted to see some 16" or even 17" on a 2nd gen to get an idea of how it would look. anybody wanna pitch in?
Old 09-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #14
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine. I'm buying another set in a few weeks. I can't say anything bad about them. I'm a couple hundred miles shy of 30,000 miles on them. They are lasting longer than I would have guessed and it bugs me because I want to get 305/70's next time because my body mount is lonely.

I was suprised at how quiet they are, even with 30K on them, still not loud. I actually wouldn't mind having a tire that makes noise like the Nitto Mud Grapplers but they cost 50 bucks more and are notabley heavier.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
what size are you running southern01taco? and what size wheels also?
They are 285/75/16. The wheels are cragar soft 8's, 16x8 with 5" backspacing and I have spidertrax spacers all the way around.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
I love mine. I'm buying another set in a few weeks. I can't say anything bad about them. I'm a couple hundred miles shy of 30,000 miles on them. They are lasting longer than I would have guessed and it bugs me because I want to get 305/70's next time because my body mount is lonely.

I was suprised at how quiet they are, even with 30K on them, still not loud. I actually wouldn't mind having a tire that makes noise like the Nitto Mud Grapplers but they cost 50 bucks more and are notabley heavier.
thanks man, good info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
They are 285/75/16. The wheels are cragar soft 8's, 16x8 with 5" backspacing and I have spidertrax spacers all the way around.
alright, cool. that's the size i'm wanting. but i want like a 4.5 on backspacing to get them out a little wider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
There's a SWB AC up in the North East with them.
thanks
Old 09-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
alright, cool. that's the size i'm wanting. but i want like a 4.5 on backspacing to get them out a little wider.
Yea I wish mine was a little wider but that was the only backspacing they offered with that wheel. Mine stick out about an inch or 2 from the flares. Its just hard to tell from that picture.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
Yea I wish mine was a little wider but that was the only backspacing they offered with that wheel. Mine stick out about an inch or 2 from the flares. Its just hard to tell from that picture.
oh no, they look great in that picture. i wouldn't want them too far out on each side, everything i drove through would be up and down both sides of my truck. i just need a little lower backspacing to get mine to stick out a little. i think the 2nd gens tires are tucked under a little more than 1st gens. so i need that extra backspacing
Old 09-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #19

Oh aight.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #20
Don't go off ninjin
TacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: AMMO
Name: Daniel
TacomaDan's Tacoma Gallery
My RC truck has these tires. They have decent traction and look badass. If they perform this well on my RC then it should relate directly to the performance of a real truck lol.