1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about MotoMetel 951 and 33/12.5/17 combo fitment...

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by speed400, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Sep 29, 2010 at 3:20 AM
    speed400

speed400 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Pottsotwn, PA
    Hi everyone, I'm hoping that someone out there can help me with a question about the set up that I'm looking to run on my 08 tacoma.
    I'm putting on the 3" Toytec ultimate lift kit and would like to run Moto Metel 951's (17x9, 4.5"BS) with 33x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson MTZ's. I know i will need to do trimming and that is fine. Will this set-up work and/or do i need to run the spidertrax spacers? If i use the spacers will they help with clearance issues? Thanks in advance for the help.

Also if anyone has another recomendation on wheels I'm not dead set on the 951's but they were the best I have found that i think will work to run that size tires and be in my budget.

2. Sep 29, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    That basically equates to a 315/60/18. I would imagine you are going to have tremendous amount of rubbing.

Most people that run 4.5" BS wheels with a 3" lift will run 285's, and still have to trim a lot of plastic and some have to chop the body mount. You're almost certainly looking at doing a body mount chop with the setup you are planning.

Spacers might actually make you rub worse by pushing the wheels out so far that you rub on the outside of the tire when turning hard.

I'd wait for someone who actually has 315's to chime in though.

Products Discussed in

To Top