1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What to do with stock steel wheels and tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by tybikes, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Oct 4, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    tybikes

tybikes [OP] Member

Member:
    So I've decided I'm going to try to get a set of the FJ Anthracite wheels and some 265/75/16 Revo 2s or Duratracs. First off, can someone confirm that these will fit on a non-lifted 2010 SR5 DC? I'd prefer not to do any mods, and I'm too newbie to understand the backspacing and all that.

Also, how have people unloaded their "old" OEM tires and steel wheels? I have about 7000 miles on my truck, and would like to get at least a few bucks out of the wheels and tires. I'm assuming most tire/wheel shops would love to scalp me on them. Any suggestions? Also, what can I reasonably expect to get from the tires, wheels, and TPMS sensors?

2. Oct 4, 2010 at 6:57 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    I would swap over the TPMS sensors, and try to unload the old set of tires and rims on craigslist.

I know the tire size will fit on stock tacoma rims with no rubing, but not sure if the backspacing on the FJ rims will or not.

3. Oct 5, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    tybikes

tybikes [OP] Member

Member:
    Hmm, ok. I've been reading on here that some have had to trim or remove some of the mudflap, wheel well, etc with the duratracs. Can anyone confirm that the 265/75/16 on FJ wheels will or won't rub at stock height? I'd rather not remove the mudflaps or have to do any other mods.

Products Discussed in

To Top