Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What to do with stock steel wheels and tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
tybikes is on a distinguished road
tybikes's Tacoma Gallery
What to do with stock steel wheels and tires

So I've decided I'm going to try to get a set of the FJ Anthracite wheels and some 265/75/16 Revo 2s or Duratracs. First off, can someone confirm that these will fit on a non-lifted 2010 SR5 DC? I'd prefer not to do any mods, and I'm too newbie to understand the backspacing and all that.

Also, how have people unloaded their "old" OEM tires and steel wheels? I have about 7000 miles on my truck, and would like to get at least a few bucks out of the wheels and tires. I'm assuming most tire/wheel shops would love to scalp me on them. Any suggestions? Also, what can I reasonably expect to get from the tires, wheels, and TPMS sensors?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I would swap over the TPMS sensors, and try to unload the old set of tires and rims on craigslist.

I know the tire size will fit on stock tacoma rims with no rubing, but not sure if the backspacing on the FJ rims will or not.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
tybikes is on a distinguished road
tybikes's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, ok. I've been reading on here that some have had to trim or remove some of the mudflap, wheel well, etc with the duratracs. Can anyone confirm that the 265/75/16 on FJ wheels will or won't rub at stock height? I'd rather not remove the mudflaps or have to do any other mods.