1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Lift and 285s: What wheel specs are you running, and how much trimming?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by eltaco, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Oct 14, 2010 at 8:42 PM
    eltaco

eltaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 DC Offroad
    I'm having the time of my life trying to figure this out. I'm running a 3" lift with 285/75/16s. I was running stock rims with 1.25" Spidertrax spacers, and really enjoyed the stance of the vehicle. I recently swapped my rims and went with some FJ Cruiser TRD SE wheels, which have 1" less backspacing than the stock wheels. Unless I'm thinking of this incorrectly, I should be only 1/4" less spaced out on each side than before... but my stance SEEMS so much less than before.

I'm trying to figure out if I can put on some 1" hub-centric spacers, or if I'll start rubbing the body mounts. As much as I'd like to widen my stance a bit more, I don't want to modify the cab mounts. I'd have no problem trimming the front fenders if needed.

Can any of you post pictures of your current wheel setup and let me know what amount of trimming you had to do (if any)? Please post wheel and tire specs as well!

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top