1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will these rims work? (4x2 access cab)

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by andrew, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Jul 24, 2008 at 12:12 PM
    andrew

andrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport, 4x4- totaled
    OEM bug deflector
    Hey guys,

I'm a newb at all this so bear with me. Love my new little 4x2, except I'd like to eventually get new and bigger rims and tires. I like the look of the Toyota stock tires and would like to do something like this guy: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/2995-got-new-wheels-tires-my-2wd-tacoma.html

That guy put on 16", but on ebay there's a lot of 17" solara/camry rims that have the same bolt patterns, which should fit like these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car...hash=item320275405169&_trksid=p3756.m14.l1318

My question is, besides losing a bit of power/acceleration and MPG, is there anything else I should be aware of that might affect my truck in a negative way? I just don't want to pay to do all this and run into some balancing or rubbing issue. Plus, I can't find anyone who has put 17" on their 4x2. One more thing I'm going to have to find out from the dealer is if doing this affects any kind of warranty I currently have on my truck. I'd appreciate any guidance you guys suggest.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jul 29, 2008 at 12:08 AM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    I'm running 20" wheels on my Taco. Tire size 265/50/20 No rubbing, no problems. Great handling & traction.

Products Discussed in

To Top