LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Green wear bar?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Question Green wear bar?

Yesterday I was washing the truck and I noticed I had some green line going all the way around my tread near the outer area of the tire. Its showing all four tires. What the hell is it? I should still have several thousand miles left in the these Rugged Fails.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Yesterday I was washing the truck and I noticed I had some green line going all the way around my tread near the outer area of the tire. Its showing all four tires. What the hell is it? I should still have several thousand miles left in the these Rugged Fails.
you got a pic of it?? how many miles do you have on them??
Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you got a pic of it?? how many miles do you have on them??
My camera battery is dead so I'll get a pic later. The tires got just over 30K miles on them.

I also know this truck has been used for towing before I bought it. I would think towing accelerates tire wear so that could also be a factor.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
My camera battery is dead so I'll get a pic later. The tires got just over 30K miles on them.

I also know this truck has been used for towing before I bought it. I would think towing accelerates tire wear so that could also be a factor.
you may be getting close to the end of the tire life for those tires......not too sure really. pics will be able to tell a bit more. i know on the stock unrugged craps i had on my 06......them tires were shot at $23k......coulda drove maybe 5k more miles on them,but they were getting slick.........and this was rotating and balancing every 5k miles, plus they were ouitta round as hell.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you may be getting close to the end of the tire life for those tires......not too sure really. pics will be able to tell a bit more. i know on the stock unrugged craps i had on my 06......them tires were shot at $23k......coulda drove maybe 5k more miles on them,but they were getting slick.........and this was rotating and balancing every 5k miles, plus they were ouitta round as hell.
see theres another reason for you to go for the DCab 4x4
Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
thats exactly what i was thinking!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #7

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just checked, apparently I am closer to needing tires than I expected. Argh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
It does make it more tempting.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bump.
Sorry man, i thought that you had it all figured out.......... GET THE DCAB 4X4!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #10

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Don't tempt me.

I'm starting to think I should wait and save more money so I can get a TRD 4x4 .
Old 07-26-2008, 05:41 AM   #11
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm reading this right the consensus is that because the tires are worn he needs to buy a new truck?
Old 07-26-2008, 05:46 AM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
If I'm reading this right the consensus is that because the tires are worn he needs to buy a new truck?
He is wanting a 4x4 and a D-cab, so he's looking for any excuse.
FWIW, I bought my first Toyota 'cause my Nissan, at the time was low on fuel.