1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tires and steering wheel moving question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by dp2hike, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Oct 26, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    dp2hike

dp2hike [OP] Member

Member:
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    '10 DBL Cab SR5 4X4
    3" Ready lift, 17" XD Revolver Rims, 285/70 Terra Grapplers, Steprails, Tonneau cover, 25/35 window tint, CalTrend seat covers
    I recently had a readylift 2.75" spacer lift installed. I then I had some 285/70/17 Nitto Terragrapplers put on (all at the same time). Betwen 45-60 miles an hour the steering wheel has the tendency to move back and forth, but the truck itsself does not. I took it back to the installer and had them balance the tires again and switch the front tires as suggested by the alignment shop when I took the truck back to them to have them evaluate it. The installer said the tires are balanced to 0 and they drove the truck and said it was due to the tire size and couldn't get any better. Also, when I am going down or up and exit/entrance on the highway I hear a slight whine that sounds more like something trying to kick in and not rubbing. Any ideas or suggestions on any of this?

2. Oct 26, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    francis1291

francis1291 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    10 4x4 SR5 super white
    3" procomp lift wit 20" rockstars on 33 toyo mt's
    I had the steering wheel prob to but i put a cheap spacer on mine and that was making it do that so i ordered a hub semetric spacer and the shaking went away

Products Discussed in

To Top