Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Reviews and Suggestions for drilled and slotted rotors and new brake pads....

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
MuddiKissez is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
MuddiKissez's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Reviews and Suggestions for drilled and slotted rotors and new brake pads....

Hey guys, my honey wants drilled and slotted rotors for his 02 Taco.The truck is currently running metal to metal on the front brakes, so it's parked until we replace them. I could also use some help finding decent front brake pads!!! (I want my car back!) Any suggestions at all are appreciated!
Old 10-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to try the EBC brake pads when I need them. And they hay there own brand slotted rotor.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Stay away from drilled. They can crack over time. Powerslot and EBC are really good.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sandjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Drilled and slotted rotors are a waste on anything but a race application. Tacomas are far from that. The best combination by far is EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
MuddiKissez is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
MuddiKissez's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, yea I've done a little more research and since he already has the larger brakes that came with the truck, and I don't see any heat issues, I am gonna get him the regular rotors and ceramic pads. We aren't pulling anything with it yet so I don't think its necessary. When we get a trailer for the bikes, I'll think about upgrading the brake system if it comes up. Thanks for your help guys!
Old 10-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Slotted rotors aren't a complete waste on a street vehicle. Yes you won't have Porsche stopping distances but slotted rotors with good pads will help.

Sent from my DROID2