1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spare Tire Carrier

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by longbow, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Jul 29, 2008 at 4:29 PM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Need to pick some of your brains for an idea or source for a spare tire carrier.
    Yes... I did read the Tacoma Mods and really am not interested in doing it that way.
    I am looking for something to mount in the bed of the truck and carry the spare full size wheel/tire.
    Now for the bad issue......I have an Undercover cover on the back, and would like to keep it on. The only time I would need to remove the tire (except for flat) is during hunting season, since most of the time I have critters in the back.:p
    But the tire would be at the camp, so an easy take out and put back in.
    Let me know what you all come up with, would even do the mod. myself, but with work now it is hard to get my brain on other issues.

2. Jul 29, 2008 at 4:47 PM
    StompinStu

StompinStu Active Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Access Cab I4 5 speed
    Do like Jeepers do when they need a heavy duty tire hanger for oversized tires....get something that is swing-away and incorporated into the rear bumper.

3. Jul 29, 2008 at 5:15 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Not too many options out there unfortunately. You either get a swing gate (which requires a new after market bumper), or some sort of frame in the bed.

For the frame in the bed you'd need to fab up something to distribute the weight enough to not punch through the composite bed and use the bed bolts. Or you could cut through the bed to weld the holder to the frame rails. Check out MJP2's truck. He did a bed cage and incorporated a tire holder into that.

Edit:
    Actually, I just found this: http://www.tiregate.com/availability.shtml

google search: tacoma tiregate

Products Discussed in

To Top