LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Biggest tires stock wheels will hold?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Biggest tires stock wheels will hold?

Can anybody tell me what the biggest tires are that will fit stock wheels with a 3" suspension lift?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
Can anybody tell me what the biggest tires are that will fit stock wheels with a 3" suspension lift?
265/75-17?? Anything wider won't clear your stock uca.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
265/75-17?? Anything wider won't clear your stock uca.
Anything bigger than 265? Or is that as big as it will fit
Old 07-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Using stock rims,stock uca's,going up too a 70 or 75 sidewall should be fine. Very little or no trimming.Going w/a 285 width you'll have more of this( ).With out a spacer or another rim w/different back spaceing,you'll rub the uca.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:43 PM   #5
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
true story. if you cant get aftermarket wheels then get some spacers. the 285's look nice if you can clear them.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:13 PM   #6
Chuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement: ICE - San Diego Field Office
Chuy's Tacoma Gallery
Will 265 70 17 clear uca's on OEM wheels and no lift?

I have Hankooks rt03's I want to install now, but can't do the lift for a few weeks.

I will be getting a lifetime alignment; so I can get it aligned now and again when I get around to the lift.

The Hankooks have a 10.7 inch section width compared to the Grandtrek's 10.4.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #7
Chuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement: ICE - San Diego Field Office
Chuy's Tacoma Gallery

silverback07, I had read 285's were a bit too wide for OEM wheels. Are you experiencing any problems, such as uneven wear? Which tires do you have? I may put 285's the next round. I'm going to paint my OEM wheels black too.

Dropped off the Taco this morning to install the tires. Hope all goes well; already have plans to go off-roading.