Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Would you take this BFG Rugged Trails deal if...

View Poll Results: would you take new BFG rugged trail tires for 100 each????
YES 37 32.17%
NO 78 67.83%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Would you take this BFG Rugged Trails deal if...

if u can get BFG rugged trail brand new for 100 bucks a tire, would u take this offer if u drive bout 85% highway. i was originally gonna get some toyo A/T but came across this deal??? what would u do?
Old 07-31-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
if u can get BFG rugged trail brand new for 100 bucks a tire, would u take this offer if u drive bout 85% highway. i was originally gonna get some toyo A/T but came across this deal??? what would u do?
just my opinion, but i'd skip on those tires. i had them, and i just didnt ike them, and they didnt last too long. i'd go for the toyo tires myself.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Those tires are ok for that price, mine lasted a while and i got them used just crappy traction in the desert they handled ok but A/T would have been the shit. i would fork more money for different tires go with toyo unless those tires were good to you.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea ive always ran a AT tire on my old taco but this time around i kinda wanna stay near stock cuz im loving my gas mileage right now.... the bfg will be 265/65/17 if i get them, but if i get the toyos they will be 265/70/17 and will be a little worried bout rubbing..... also the bfg rugged weighs in at 37lbs and the toyos A/T is 40lbs
Old 07-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
No.

I have seen them for as low as $84 each brand new. Even at that price I wouldn't want them. They perform terribly and look like ass.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
Tuned By Gadget

yea thats what i heard. i just though it was such a great deal, the toyos are around 140 each... but im also lookin at all white letters wall rather than the white outline that toyo only has....

how bad is the rubbing on a 265/70/17??
Old 07-31-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think you will have to worry about rubbing.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
I dont think you will have to worry about rubbing.
same here.......i think 265/70/17 is the biggest you can go with out rubbing. so im pretty sure you'd be safe!
Old 07-31-2008, 03:12 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
definately no rubbing on a 265/70/17. i'm running an LT 255/75/17 and its slightly bigger than the 265/70 and i had no rubbing w/ it at all at stock height

if u want a 265/70, get the terra grapplers or bfg all terrains
Old 07-31-2008, 03:33 PM   #10
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
that is BFG's poorest tire... definately would not put those back on something if the original set wore out.

there are MUCH better tires out there that come in all price ranges. hell i had some firestone destination AT's... smooth riding, great wet traction and they were CHEAP.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
Tuned By Gadget

thanks guys for all ur inputs!!! i think im gonna stick to my original plan and just get the toyo A/T amd pay the extra money... so im takin it that the deal is not worth those tires
Old 07-31-2008, 03:57 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
u can get the 265/70/17 nitto terra grapplers off ebay for $536 w/ free shipping
Old 12-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #13
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
The load range E's will last forever.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #14
Tuned By Gadget

K i asked this question over a year ago. i already made my decision LOL! damn polls always popping up !!!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:51 PM   #15
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
What the Fuck? It was up at the top of the new posts.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #16
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
I would not put them on even if they were 50 bucks a tire
Old 12-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #17
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
ive met people at my job that got over 100K out of the stock bfg rugged fails..I dont know how you guys are saying poor milage
Old 12-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #18
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I said yes and the only reason is because if I needed new tires really bad because the ones I were driving on were unsafe and I was broke...thats the only way cause those tires are poop IMO
Old 12-23-2009, 10:47 PM   #19
WHO DAT!
AverageJoe is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
AverageJoe's Tacoma Gallery
I saw these a while back:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-TO...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-25-2009, 07:31 AM   #20
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery