Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Nitto terra grappler or Hankook Dynapro MT

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto terra grappler or Hankook Dynapro MT

I am mixed between these two tires. Size will be 285/70/17 and they are really close in price range. I do mostly highway mile but try to hit trail once a month. I really like the way the MT looks anyone tried both and have reviews on them. I live in Socal if that matter it rain and heat. people with nitto and hankook how are the wear and how many mile do you have on them.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
Seener84 has a spectacular aura aboutSeener84 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Sean
Seener84's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had terra grapplers and have dynapro atm's now. Cant comment on the MT's but I like the dynapro's a little more than the nittos for the AT's. They do seem a little louder than the terra grapplers though. Havent put more than 10K miles on either but they seem to be wearing well.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Why do you like the Hankook more?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Kooks FTW

they clean up nice as well
Old 11-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
gobias's Tacoma Gallery
Had some Dynapro ATMs in the past. They were great tires until they got slashed by vandals after only 4k miles. I imagine the MTs would be just as good but a little overkill if you're not hitting the trails often. No experience with the Nittos but as far as I've seen, they continuously get rave reviews.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
techmarc is on a distinguished road
Name: Marc
techmarc's Tacoma Gallery
My TG's are about a year old, maybe 10K on them, they are wearing well.

i have 285/75/16 TG's and i havent had the truck off road yet but they are pretty quiet at 75mph, and i came from the car world not 4x4's so if i deem them quiet for an AT, they are pretty good. Also with my technician experience i have put many many sets of Terra Grapplers on many many different vehicles. our shop had a corporate account with a company called earth balance; every single one of their f-150 4wd's has terra grapplers on it. they survey marsh land i believe.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #7

Nice looking rig, how do you like your kook and how many miles do you have on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Kooks FTW

they clean up nice as well
Old 11-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Nice looking rig, how do you like your kook and how many miles do you have on them.
i only have a few hundred miles on them, but im happy with them so far. theyre E rated so they do ride a little stiff, but nothing you cant get used to. mine are 265/75/16's and they have a nice hum going down the road, so i woud imagine 285's would be a bit louder. im happy with them overall tho
Old 11-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
tires

I have 20k on my Dynapro's. Still good on wet pavement, in the mud and they ride quite down the road at 70 mph.....and I do not have to balance them every 10k miles. And they wear good if you keep them rotated. Thumbs up from me.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #10
Seener84 has a spectacular aura aboutSeener84 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Sean
Seener84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why do you like the Hankook more?
I think they look a little better first off, especially the side wall of the tire. They seem to have a little better traction off road also, but then again I never was able to compare the two in same conditions and I had the Nittos on my old Hummer H3, and the Hankooks are on my Tacoma. But if I were to buy another set they would be Hankooks.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #11
Bwatts is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
Bwatts's Tacoma Gallery
The dynapros, from what I've seen aren't good in the mud. They were on a z71 and the tires just slick over and won't clean out. May do better for you though.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #12
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
NITTOS FTW!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #13

Went ahead and decided to order the hankook mt. I will post up pictures this weekend after install.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Went ahead and decided to order the hankook mt. I will post up pictures this weekend after install.

you wont be dissapointed
Old 11-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #15

Pictures as promised enjoy. I can feel the truck being heavier with these tires but looks so much better . Going to take her to the dunes tomorrow lets see how these tires hold up.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #16

looks good! way better than the nittos....

mine do great in sand. just air down and you'll be good
Old 11-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #17
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! How much did the set run you?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:40 AM   #18
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
the hankooks are soft as hell and won't last as long as the TG's. But you're comparing a mudder to an all-terrain...
Old 11-14-2010, 08:19 AM   #19
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
It's not a mudder. The MT stands for Maximum Traction, much like the Good Year MT/R.

Which makes me laugh my ass off when people say they suck in the mud.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
It's not a mudder. The MT stands for Maximum Traction, much like the Good Year MT/R.

Which makes me laugh my ass off when people say they suck in the mud.
then why does Hankook have the Dynapro MT listed as a mud terrain on their website?