Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Will 16 Inch Steel Rims Fit?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Will 16 Inch Steel Rims Fit?

I'm sure the answer is in this forum somewhere, but I got tired of searching. Can anyone please tell me if 16" steel rims will fit my 08 DC TRD Sport 4X4? I'm looking to put on snow tires.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:40 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
yes i run my snow tires on 16 inch steel rims...they fit
edit: as long as you are talking a 6 lug steel rim...
Old 11-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
There are some brands 16" rims that rub on the caliper on the 2nd gen tacomas. What brand of wheel in particular are you looking at.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #8
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Wheelers sells some cheap ones that will fit.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm
Thanks for the info, but I live in Canada was hoping to get someting locally. Wheelers Off road ships by UPS and they have rediculous customs brokerage charges.

I ordered 17 " rims here in Canada, and they cost $92. I can still cancel the oreder and switch to 16". Maybe I'll just stick with the 17" wheels and be safe.

You guys in the States are sure lucky with the much better pricing on just about everything. You also have a lot more to choose from.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
PR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nice
PR45's Tacoma Gallery
Folks are selling stock 16" steelies here and TN all the time....$100 for 4 usually, and those are brand new.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #10
thebikeguy is on a distinguished road

thebikeguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR45 View Post
Folks are selling stock 16" steelies here and TN all the time....$100 for 4 usually, and those are brand new.
well if anyone here is trying to get rid of a set for $100 give me a shout. i'd also like to see what these steelies look like on someone's truck if anyone has a pic
Old 11-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #11
Snocoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Peter
Snocoma's Tacoma Gallery
I basically want to know the same thing. Will any of the Black Rock 16x8 wheels fit on a TRD Sport? I was looking at the Black Rock Dune Series 941 Specifically, but any of them night be worth it if they'll fit. I'll I can find is ppl saying the M8 style ones won't, but haven't heard anything on the D's. Anyone???
Old 02-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #12
K2ufl is on a distinguished road
K2ufl's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an old thread but I am looking to get some 16 x 8 steel wheels from wheelers offroad. The site talks about the difference from type A and B, which Im not sure which I will need. I'd like to put Blizzacs on them, guessing 245/75R16. Will I be ok with the A or does the B give an advantage with these tires? Thanks.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2ufl View Post
I know this is an old thread but I am looking to get some 16 x 8 steel wheels from wheelers offroad. The site talks about the difference from type A and B, which Im not sure which I will need. I'd like to put Blizzacs on them, guessing 245/75R16. Will I be ok with the A or does the B give an advantage with these tires? Thanks.
You'll want the type A
Old 02-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #14
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebikeguy View Post
well if anyone here is trying to get rid of a set for $100 give me a shout. i'd also like to see what these steelies look like on someone's truck if anyone has a pic
Not for sale, but you can see my 2nd Gen with stock steelies in my build thread. Sig pic is link to build thread.
I use them for commuting with the stock 245/75/16 Dungflops.
And have 255/85/16 BFG KM2s on 1st Gen TRDs for wheeling.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #15
K2ufl is on a distinguished road
K2ufl's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. Gonna get the type A wheels.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #16
Snocoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Peter
Snocoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2ufl View Post
Thanks for the info. Gonna get the type A wheels.
I have the type A. They look and fit great. I am running 265/75/r16. A little trimming was needed, cause they just barely rubbed on the outside of the front of the front black plastic Wheel well liners. If you go 245 they probably won't touch at all.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #17
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I have Wheeler's type B. They fit perfect.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #19
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebikeguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Not for sale, but you can see my 2nd Gen with stock steelies in my build thread. Sig pic is link to build thread.
I use them for commuting with the stock 245/75/16 Dungflops.
And have 255/85/16 BFG KM2s on 1st Gen TRDs for wheeling.