LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Treadwright.com - Looks like cheap BFG KOs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #281
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING.TACO View Post
In no way am I attempting to "rile" things up, I believe I am entitled to my own opinion so long as it is not directed at any individual personally.

I am getting a load of crap from everyone for stating my experiences with these tires.. They are cheap in my opinion, just look at the title of the thread. "Looks like CHEAP BFG Ko's"

not sure how I am trolling anyone when the OP of this thread already stated the obvious in the title of the thread.

this is my last post in this thread, good day to you all
If you really had any valid points you respond directly to me or bamatoy. But you don't and you are blowing smoke. If you can prove that they are in fact a safety concern more than any other tire out there I will gladly listen. The sad fact is that you can't and you result in trying to insult other members by calling them "cheap" or implying they are "poor." Until you are able to give a valid intelligent opinion, keep them to yourself or be prepared for responses that will argue your opinion.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #282
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING.TACO View Post
In no way am I attempting to "rile" things up, I believe I am entitled to my own opinion so long as it is not directed at any individual personally.

I am getting a load of crap from everyone for stating my experiences with these tires.. They are cheap in my opinion, just look at the title of the thread. "Looks like CHEAP BFG Ko's"

not sure how I am trolling anyone when the OP of this thread already stated the obvious in the title of the thread.

this is my last post in this thread, good day to you all
Good, now we don't have to listen to it anymore. (Sarcasm btw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
If you really had any valid points you respond directly to me or bamatoy. But you don't and you are blowing smoke. If you can prove that they are in fact a safety concern more than any other tire out there I will gladly listen. The sad fact is that you can't and you result in trying to insult other members by calling them "cheap" or implying they are "poor." Until you are able to give a valid intelligent opinion, keep them to yourself or be prepared for responses that will argue your opinion.
Bingo!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:18 AM   #283
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Just a fyi
I had been running guard dogs for the last few years
Over 65k on 2 sets not one problem
They balanced great and i used the crap outa them

Loved my treadwrights and will be getting them again soon
Old 02-13-2014, 04:36 AM   #284
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
i bought some duratracs and i absolutely love them
to the extent, i plan to buy them again, if they're are still available at that point

but, immediately after i bought them, before they were shipped to my house, someone at work told me his Treadwright Guard Dogs and how awesome they are
i respect his opinion quite a bit, and i read other actual user's reviews
i may very well have opted to buy them if i had heard of them before i dropped coin on the duratracs
Old 02-13-2014, 07:23 AM   #285
FMLYHM
BMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMiller421 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
BMiller421's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Will you really notice the difference from a 35" tire to a 34.4" tire?
Yea..is the size difference that noticable?

I actually just found a set of 4 Falken AT tires (35's)..otd price of $1,024 at America's Tire Depot..

I might just go with those..
Old 02-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #286
Fire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
Fire252fighter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amadougrand View Post
I wanted to get a set for my 52' M38 last summer, but they were out of the size I wanted. Also had the shop tell me they wouldn't mount retreads. Kind of pissed me off and they lost my business.

I have another 53' M38-A1 I am putting back in the mountains this summer and I will get a set for it. These jeeps are light weekend use and slow (L-Head and T-90 transmission).

I suspect they would also be good for my Taco which sees very little time on Interstates or highspeed situations and is almost exclusively used for putting around the mountains behicnd the cabin on wet/cold days or making beer/gas runs to town.

More reviews on the quality please, but my primary concern would be high speed blowouts, but that is a concern with all tires. I would really like to see Treadwright put out a study comparison regarding blowouts, average speeds and compare against other manufacturers. ould certainly alay concerns if the numbers match the mouth.

Kin-taco. You're a dipshit. All tires have their use. If you want something else then fine. Like others, if these meet my needs I would rather keep the money in my pocket.
To start I know this is not safe...
I had warrden treadwright ats and had them off road aired down, which ppl advised against.

I also had them on the highway doing around 95mph towards the end of there life. I had no issues what so ever with highway speeds which is where most of the miles on the tire came from.
I posted earlier about them needing a lot of weight to balance two out of 4.
Treadwright did offer to replace those two tires however they were mounted and I did not have a spare set of wheels and tires at that time. So I opted to roll he dice. Only concern would be with that much weight to balance (16oz) if weights came off May be an issue at highway speeds.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #287
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously considering a set of these next time around, I drive a lot of miles, get about two years per set, @$200 per plus all the extra's, that is a grand....

A set of these would be about half the price...when I was a teenager, I always ran retreads (think like 50 years ago), I was burning up the rears every couple of months with teenage burnout abuse...
Old 02-13-2014, 01:38 PM   #288
Insert Witty Comment Here
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
Seriously considering a set of these next time around, I drive a lot of miles, get about two years per set, @$200 per plus all the extra's, that is a grand....

A set of these would be about half the price...when I was a teenager, I always ran retreads (think like 50 years ago), I was burning up the rears every couple of months with teenage burnout abuse...
Same here. I put on a lot of miles. Some see that as an argument to just go ahead and buy non-retreads. But after reading a lot of the posts on here from BamaToy and all the other guys who have had real world experience with them (not to mention reading posts on other forums, reviews in magazines, etc.), I am seriously considering a set of these.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #289
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
i am running the 285/75/16 treadwright guard dogs and love them so far. 10ish k miles on them and still lots and lots of tread left. next set will be another set of treadwrights. However the next set will be skinner if they have them. something like a 33x10.5 size would be nice
Old 02-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #290
UTdez23 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jesse
UTdez23's Tacoma Gallery
Warden AT's

I'm running the 265/75/16 Warden AT's on BFG AT casings, had them for about 7,000+ miles so far. Great tread wear so far, look new. A lot of highway use so far, but also a handful of offroad experiences in southern utah desert sand, mud, rocks & washboard roads. They are f'ing great IMO. Drive on snow covered roads on I-80 through Parleys Canyon to Park City for work all winter, one of the sketchiest interstate sections in the US and they handle amazing. Barely ever need 4wd except in the worst of conditions. Run them at 80mph when roads are dry regularly. Great handling. And for $500 shipped?? Brilliant.

I'll run Treadwrights for my next set as well, no questions period. Just my 2 cents, to each their own
Old 03-05-2014, 05:03 AM   #291
40 year old teenager
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered 5 Guard Dogs yesterday......it'll be nice to have a full size spare.