LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Treadwright.com - Looks like cheap BFG KOs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #22
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
I've driven retreads before. No problems. It's not like some dude is sitting there with a hunk of rubber and super glue, making the tire pieces back together again.

Actually, I don't know how they make them. Maybe there is some super glue involved. But they worked for me.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:26 AM   #23
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
I'll never run re-treads. I've seen at highway speeds a 10 car pileup from a re-tread blowing out at 85 mph (I95 almost to Savannah a few years ago). IMO, if you're willing to run re-treads, then blems shouldn't be a problem either. Blems are factory defects that some shops buy up from time to time that they get at manufacturer cost and sell them half of what retail is. I was taught a long time ago that you can't put a pricetag on piece of mind.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:55 AM   #25
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
I'll never run re-treads. I've seen at highway speeds a 10 car pileup from a re-tread blowing out at 85 mph (I95 almost to Savannah a few years ago). IMO, if you're willing to run re-treads, then blems shouldn't be a problem either. Blems are factory defects that some shops buy up from time to time that they get at manufacturer cost and sell them half of what retail is. I was taught a long time ago that you can't put a pricetag on piece of mind.
Is that the actual posted speed limit? It seems a lot of retreads just blow out at 80+mph which around my area is above the speed limit.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #26
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
a lot of retreads just blow out at 80+mph
links?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #27
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
links?
I was just referencing the fact that people who say re-treads are terrible on this thread, and have stories to share say that they were driving at 80+ mph.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #28
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
a lot of people know a lot of things about things they've never tried before..just saying. "I had a friend who knew a guy" kind of stories but no one ever has any facts. i'm now on my second set of treadwright tires and love them to death.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #29
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
I was just referencing the fact that people who say re-treads are terrible on this thread, and have stories to share say that they were driving at 80+ mph.
I want one person to find one bad review for treadwright
Old 02-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #30
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

bingo.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #31
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
a lot of people know a lot of things about things they've never tried before..just saying. "I had a friend who knew a guy" kind of stories but no one ever has any facts. i'm now on my second set of treadwright tires and love them to death.
Correcta-mundo. Gonna get a set of treadwrights here pretty soon after reading lots of good reviews on the fjcruiser forum
Old 02-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #32
Screw your MPG's

Quote:
You're right I agree.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #33
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post

x2 on the piece of mind
Old 02-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #34
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I was sold on them reading Jeep forums but then I saw an old thread here about not trusting retreads. I even read an extensive government study done on treads laying on the side of the road and were found to be 50% or more from new tires (and it wasn't just because there were more new tires on the road, it was adjusted for that) My dad and auto teacher also talked me out of them. They're located right by my grandparents so I even could've picked them up without shipping. I think they've got a great product and if it were me buying them (my dad decided to be nice and give me the tires for christmas) i would've gone with treadwrights. Good luck with whatever you go with
Old 02-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #35
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Wow i might look at running these for my next set of tires.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #36
Thieu is on a distinguished road
Thieu's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my set of 285/70/17 BFG AT lookalikes a few months ago and they have performed just fine so far on and off road. They did take less weight to balance than the "real" BFG AT's they replaced.

I'd recommend.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #37
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Thinking about ordering 1 tire for a spare
Old 02-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #38
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Just pulled the trigger on a set of 5 mud dogs. Total came out to just under $600 with shipping. Should get em by the end of next week
Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #39
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
^ dang that's cheap. what size?