LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Treadwright.com - Looks like cheap BFG KOs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 07:48 AM   #1
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Michael
WaGood24's Tacoma Gallery
Treadwright.com - Looks like cheap BFG KOs

Has anybody been to treadwright.com? Or ever used a re-treaded tire? They've got these tires that look just like BFG All-Terrain T/A KOs but for half the cost. Buuuuuuut, they're a re-treaded tire. So any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Treadwright.com - Looks like cheap BFG KOs-tire.jpg  
Old 11-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Anybody?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
hell to the no, i'd never roll a re-tread tire
Old 11-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
i have had them before but not on this truck i really liked the price and the way they were made def. buy them again for something else
Old 11-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
musty40 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alan
musty40's Tacoma Gallery
Some more info:

http://www.ih8mud.com/product-review...ra-grip-tires/
Old 11-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
i considered buying some of the m/t's for my prev truck but they were on backorder.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:00 AM   #8

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by musty40 View Post
This link didn't work for me. I did some more digging and I think it's just not worth the risk. I guess semi's, trucks, and planes use a lot of re-tread tires but they're not legal on steering wheels. So if they're not safe enough for steering wheels then it's just not worth the risk. But maybe if you're just looking for a tire to go wheelin with and expect to bang it up and don't need to rely on it for daily driving it'd be a good deal.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:21 AM   #9
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Huge thread about them at FJC.com. A lot of FJ'ers are running treadwright tires without issues, in many cases reporting that they take less weight to balance.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ght-tires.html
Old 11-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #10

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Huge thread about them at FJC.com. A lot of FJ'ers are running treadwright tires without issues, in many cases reporting that they take less weight to balance.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ght-tires.html
Wow, that's an awesome thread. It seriously made me re-think going through treadwright.com for some re-treads. Thanks for the input.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #11
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking at these for a while now and I think I'm going to buy my next set of tires from them
Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #13

Air Force:
I really like the Sentinal A/T but they're an E load range and I think that'll give me a substantially stiffer ride than I'd like. They also look very similar to the Revo 2s. I very well may go for the Warden A/T which is a BFG KO clone. Shoot, for $90/tire I think it's worth the risk.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #14
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
05SCtaco has those tires and they perform flawlessly off road. If I were to get new tires, i wouldnt hesitate to get retreaded tires
Old 11-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #15
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaGood24 View Post
I really like the Sentinal A/T but they're an E load range and I think that'll give me a substantially stiffer ride than I'd like. They also look very similar to the Revo 2s. I very well may go for the Warden A/T which is a BFG KO clone. Shoot, for $90/tire I think it's worth the risk.
What risk? These guy haven't had an issue in all the years they've been in business. I did my research
Old 11-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #16
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
18 wheelers all over the world run on them all the time so I would suspect they are safe....of course our roads are full of treads that fly off of them so who knows.

I saw an episode of dirty jobs and it's not like some dude in his backyard is doing this stuff. Retreads are a great way to save cash, but I think Ill keep buying new so I feel safer at highway speed. If I had a dedicated trail rig I would buy them for sure.
Big rig retreads are different and from what I've read those strips of tire tread on the side of the road of 50% new tires and 50% re-caps and that's statistics from actual truck drivers
Old 11-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #17
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Has anybody been to treadwright.com? Or ever used a re-treaded tire? They've got these tires that look just like BFG All-Terrain T/A KOs but for half the cost. Buuuuuuut, they're a re-treaded tire. So any thoughts?
i personally wouldn't ever use a retread - don't want the risk. driving 80 miles an hour and having a tread come off.. not worth the savings for the peace of mind.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #18
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
I use retreads on my dually, no problems on the highway
Old 11-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #19

Air Force:
Quote:
Correction. I spoke to a guy at tread wright and he said a company in Italy clones the tread patterns and the Sentinal A/T is actually cloned after the Revo, not the Revo 2.

From that FJ thread, I haven't seen any complaints from the daily drivers. And there's a 2 year 24,000 miles warranty on workmanship. I think this might be the road I take if I don't find anything better on craigslist or ebay or something.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #20
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm very interesting and good to know!!