Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

265/70/17 Revos for $500!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2010, 07:49 AM   #1
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Michael
WaGood24's Tacoma Gallery
265/70/17 Revos for $500!

I just talked a guy down to $500 for Revos. These are brand new, found them on craigslist. Anybody hear of a deal like this? Is it "an offer I can't refuse"?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaGood24 View Post
I just talked a guy down to $500 for Revos. These are brand new, found them on craigslist. Anybody hear of a deal like this? Is it "an offer I can't refuse"?
Do it, and if you dont, let me know and I will.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Sounds like one heckuva deal man! Jump on it!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
I'll let you know if the wifey puts a kabosh on it. But she kinda owes me since she made me miss out on some new Terra Grapplers for $425. This sounds like a better deal though.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #5
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'll let you know if the wifey puts a kabosh on it. But she kinda owes me since she made me miss out on some new Terra Grapplers for $425. This sounds like a better deal though.
Where are you finding these deals? I'm about ready for a set of tires and have been looking myself. The cheapest I've seen the Terra are $600 for 4. If you see anything else let me know. THANKS
Old 11-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #6

Air Force:
This same guys also has Destinations L/E or A/T for $450 & $475 and Falken High Countrys. I'll ask if he has any others. The Terra's were in Dayton's Craigslist. I was going to buy them and my wife wanted to talk about it and he ended up selling them that night. I was bumbed.

Have you ever heard anything about retreading tires? I found a website with tires that look like BFG KOs for $100. But I don't know how reliable they are.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #7

Air Force:
MAX, are you looking for any specific tire?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:36 AM   #8
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
If they are just the Revos and not the Revo 2s then they might be old tires
Old 11-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #9

Air Force:
No they're the Revo 2s. But thanks for the heads up. Is there a big difference between the two though?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #10

Quote:
This same guys also has Destinations L/E or A/T for $450 & $475 and Falken High Countrys. I'll ask if he has any others. The Terra's were in Dayton's Craigslist. I was going to buy them and my wife wanted to talk about it and he ended up selling them that night. I was bumbed.

Have you ever heard anything about retreading tires? I found a website with tires that look like BFG KOs for $100. But I don't know how reliable they are.
A few people on my NKY/SW Oh thread talked about it, but I have no experience with them whatsoever. The price is very tempting, $100 for a brand new tire??? I'm just a little skeptical. It makes me a little apprehensive w/ all the things I do w/ my truck. I tow a pretty heavy boat a lot in the summer and expect alot out of my tires. I just wonder how safe they are?

Quote:
MAX, are you looking for any specific tire?
Nothing specific, just an all terrain tire.

I like the General Grabber AT2, Nitto Terrain Grappler, Cooper Zeon. I have Pirrelli Scorpion AT and they have been great tires, but cost alot.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #11
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No they're the Revo 2s. But thanks for the heads up. Is there a big difference between the two though?
Tread pattern is upgraded a bit i think. I just got revo 2s under 1k miles ago. Much quieter than my BFG A/T KOs and way better in the rain! I can't wait to test them out in the white stuff.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #12

Air Force:
Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on these. $500 for a set of tires that's pretty close to a $200 tire. Plus my stock Dueler 684IIs aren't very good. All ready hydroplaned in a not very hard rain. Plus after 6,400 miles I've already burned through 2/32 of tread.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on these. $500 for a set of tires that's pretty close to a $200 tire. Plus my stock Dueler 684IIs aren't very good. All ready hydroplaned in a not very hard rain. Plus after 6,400 miles I've already burned through 2/32 of tread.
I think thats a good choice, is this guy a dealer looking to get rid of tires?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #14

Air Force:
I'm not sure. He says he's got several tires. I'm not sure if he's trying to start up his own independant business or what. So far I've only been able to talk to him through text. Of course, I'm gonna wait to talk to him on the phone before I do anything. Gotta be careful of shady craigslist dudes. But if it turns out to be legit then score!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #15

Quote:
I'm not sure. He says he's got several tires. I'm not sure if he's trying to start up his own independant business or what. So far I've only been able to talk to him through text. Of course, I'm gonna wait to talk to him on the phone before I do anything. Gotta be careful of shady craigslist dudes. But if it turns out to be legit then score!
Yeah, be careful. If things work out and he does have other tires let me know. THANKS
Old 11-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #16

Air Force:
Will do.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #17

Air Force:
Tell you what. I'll buy them and sell them to you for $650! haha just kidding.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #18

Quote:
Tell you what. I'll buy them and sell them to you for $650! haha just kidding.
Ill give you 550 if you will deliver.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #19

Air Force:
Haha, well I'll keep that in mind.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #20
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the revo 2's. They seem like a good tire. I would like to sell them and get some bfg A/T KO's. They are stock offroad size and only have a few thousand miles on them.