LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

is there a solution?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
is there a solution?

Im looking and reading and searching on toyotanation, and here for a solution to rubbing issues. I want to do 33"s or 32.7 metric size, on a 17 or 18 inch rims... and im wondering what backspacing plays into this... Ive seen the thread that has pictures (diagram) of backspacing and stuff but wondering if custom rims could be a solution? centerline, lets you customize offset, backspacing, height, width and some other stuff im probably leaving out for a reasonable price. Id appreciate any explanation to help, I wanna do the tuff country 3" spacer lift with 33"s... but am worried it is too big and have heard 32"s are better for offroad. Nore do I want to "trim" on my new truck lol (used but new to me).

Thanks alot fellas!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I would do a different lift if you are going to wheel it. Like and OME set up or Toytec. The back spacing I think for the least issues is 4.5 but dont quote me someone else will chime in. You could do spidertrax wheel spacers to help with no rubbing but with 33's I feel your going to have to trim a little but its no big deal you cant really see it anyway.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok so the spacer lift isnt gunna wheel good? I thought the ome was only a 2.5" lift? Im having trouble finding a website that has the lifts, I usually go to suspensionconnection.com but the only lift they offer is the spacer and aal kit..

having a hard time finding stuff, its not that im on a tight budget... I just cant find good sites lol im good and search retarded I guess.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
NO SPACERS!!!!!check on here for venders in the vender spot.these guys will hook you up and know what they are talking about.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
go to toytec.com
Old 11-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
I would do a different lift if you are going to wheel it. Like and OME set up or Toytec. The back spacing I think for the least issues is 4.5 but dont quote me someone else will chime in. You could do spidertrax wheel spacers to help with no rubbing but with 33's I feel your going to have to trim a little but its no big deal you cant really see it anyway.
Correct, 4.5" backspacing is what he needs.

You're still going to have to trim to fit 285's though.

OME is going to be your best bet for a good offroading lift on a budget. You can get small top plate spacers to get the full 3".
Old 11-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #7
Street glide or die

I really appreciate all of the help guys, and not flaming me.

The link to the site is really helpful, couldnt find a good site and this one seems great so it is appreciate, and the backspacing is also appreciated. I may just get the 33"s out of my head and stick with 32"s cause I hate rubbing!!! And want this thing to perform offroad.

Will also post a thread in the noob section, forgot to introduce myself!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:43 AM   #9

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
The 33's are going to be better for wheeling. The bigger the tire the bigger the rock you can go over. Every little bit helps.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:53 AM   #10
socal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to all
socal4x's Tacoma Gallery
If you're gonna spend the money on Centerline wheels, you might as well go with the full set up of front coil overs, diff drop, and new a arms. Or look at spindle lifts. New leaf pack in the back and you're set.

The more you stuff you trim, the less stuff you have to wash mud off when you get home

+1 on Wheelers, and the guys as Toytec are good too!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #11
Street glide or die

thanks again fellas, I guess im just gunna have to look at some pictures on what to trim, im new to 4wd, and lift, actually traded in a 97 5.2 v8 dakota... this tacoma is so crazy man faster, looks way better, offroad its amazing havnt used 4wd yet lol
Old 11-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #12
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

Like others have said, some sites to check out for suspension part are:

wheelersoffroad.com
downsouthmotorsports.com
toyteclifts.com
Old 11-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #13
southerntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoutherntaco889 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
southerntaco889's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on what everybody else has said also maybe look into Bilstien 5100 shocks. You can get 2.5" out of em which is what im running with my 285's. You can't do spindle lift though. Thats a 2wd thing onlly.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #14
Street glide or die

I think im gunna go with the ome lift as stated, one last thing, will it void my warranty? and im thinkin about 265-70-17 Cooper Discoverer Radial STT TEK3, anyone runnin these?
Old 11-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #15
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotamikez View Post
I think im gunna go with the ome lift as stated, one last thing, will it void my warranty? and im thinkin about 265-70-17 Cooper Discoverer Radial STT TEK3, anyone runnin these?
Nothing "voids" your warranty. See the Magnuson-Moss act.

The dealer can, however, deny an individual warranty claim if they can prove that aftermarket parts directly caused the failure.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #16
Street glide or die

thank you for that info KPT,so my tranny wouldnt have anythin to do with my lift? or if I throw a rod lol? dont plan on it breaking, from what I hear these trucks are bullet-proof