Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

NEED HELP Pro Comp 7089 Need new Lugs Nuts?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
jayandcourt is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
jayandcourt's Tacoma Gallery
NEED HELP Pro Comp 7089 Need new Lugs Nuts?

I just ordered a set of pro comp 7089 and was wondering if I need new lug nuts for them to seat properly. I would like to be prepared rather then surprised.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayandcourt View Post
I just ordered a set of pro comp 7089 and was wondering if I need new lug nuts for them to seat properly. I would like to be prepared rather then surprised.
Yes you will. Totally different lug nut than the toyota OEM ones. I suggest the E/T Gorilla Lug nuts.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunnerSeth View Post
Yes you will. Totally different lug nut than the toyota OEM ones. I suggest the E/T Gorilla Lug nuts.
^same route that I went w/ the gorilla locks as well
Old 11-30-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
^same route that I went w/ the gorilla locks as well
x3, The E/T (extended thread) lugs grab much more thread. The wheel studs on these trucks are notoriously short.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
dayusmc is on a distinguished road
Marines: Retired at 10 (Due To getting Injured)
dayusmc's Tacoma Gallery
I have to buy new Lug Nuts when I buy my new Ultra Drifter wheels. I am interested in these Gorilla Lugs. I am looking at therir website, but are unsure what ones they are. I hate the fact that all these rims have such a small hole where the lug nuts go. It is very hard to find a good socket that doesn't mess up the rim by toughing the sides when you put the lugs on.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
^ you should get some "spline-drive" lugs if you want them to be slim.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
dayusmc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
^ you should get some "spline-drive" lugs if you want them to be slim.
Thant is what I am looking at. I am not sure that the the Lug Socket is strong. I asked my friend who sells rims about it, he said that those sockets always break but I am not sure if he had the Gorilla ones or not. My Pro Comp Rims that I just took off, got all messed up using the thin wall socket to put the lugs on. Just trying to avoid that next time.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I had gorilla spline-drives on my subaru and never had any issues with the key. Just make sure you order an extra, just like you would with locking lugs.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
dayusmc's Tacoma Gallery
I just found the E/T ones on their website. These work with the aftermarket rims? I like them, seems like it would center the aftermarket rims better. Kind of like the OEM ones. They have the Spine Drive E/T ones too, just can't find them in black.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #11
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
We carry the Gorrilla Spline Drive ET lug nuts. They are the shorter of the ET style, so there won't be any clearance issues.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
w103tws will become famous soon enoughw103tws will become famous soon enough
w103tws's Tacoma Gallery
^
Do you have them in black?

Please post a link so we (I) don't screw up and buy the wrong ones.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #14
w103tws's Tacoma Gallery
YotaDan, Are you going to post a link to your product??
Old 12-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w103tws View Post
YotaDan, Are you going to post a link to your product??
www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomablackalloys.htm
Old 12-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #17
w103tws's Tacoma Gallery
so, has anyone found this style in black?
Old 12-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so, has anyone found this style in black?
According to the gorilla website, they don't exist.

I have chrome lug nuts on my black rims and I never even notice them.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #19
w103tws's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if there is another manufacturer who makes them. So if Gorilla decides to stop making them, that would mean that 7089's could never be put on another tacoma again.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #20
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
According to the gorilla website, they don't exist.

I have chrome lug nuts on my black rims and I never even notice them.
I have never seen the right kind of lug nuts for these in black.

Quote:
I wonder if there is another manufacturer who makes them. So if Gorilla decides to stop making them, that would mean that 7089's could never be put on another tacoma again.
You can use regular acorn style lug nuts, but they dont grab as much thread and dont help to center the wheel as well as the E/Ts.