1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

nitto a/t suck

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by BAMFTACO, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Dec 2, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO [OP] Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    I have my tires for almost a year and they've already almost done I have just about 22000 miles on them and when I do offroad I always loose some little chuncks and I'm thinging of get getting bfg 285/75/16 load e would these last me longer and any opinion would help

2. Dec 2, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    A lot of people run Nittos with success. Have you rotated at least every 5K miles? If not, it can greatly reduce the tires usable life. Also make sure your PSI is correct using the chalk method.

I have BFG AT and they have been a good tire. IMHO, they are a little over priced and MUST be rotated at least every 5K, or they will wear unevenly...

If you wanted a tire that looks similar the BFG, but doesn't cost as much, check out the General Grabber AT2. It has very good reviews all around.

Another good option (the option I will soon be taking) is Cooper Zeon LTZ.
    Lately they have been receiving more attention (maybe they're a newer tire??) Chris4x4 reviewed them after having the Nitto's for about 50K. He likes them more than the Nitto's.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/70441-cooper-zeon-ltz-review.html

Good luck!

3. Dec 2, 2010 at 11:41 AM
    surfrat

surfrat Well-Known Member

Member:
    LI, NY
    icon coilover, total chaos UCA, allpr expo, icon 2.0 rear,wet okole
    i got nearly 60k on mine before i sold my FJ... I still had tread on them as well..maybe your alignment sucks..

4. Dec 2, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    gobias

gobias as in Gobias some coffee

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Dbl TRD
    Tire pressure, alignment, driving style (laying off the accelerator), proper rotation schedule. Not paying attention to these shortens a tire's lifespan.

5. Dec 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I bought the Terra Graps used with a fair bit of miles on them..and I've taken them aout 25K more (35K total) and I haven't really treated them real good offroad.

6. Dec 2, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    are those the ones you got from mick? you've driven them 25,000 more?? :eek:

7. Dec 2, 2010 at 4:25 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yup...They have been rotated properly and inflated right. I'm thinking I'll be replacing them soon.

8. Dec 2, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    Snoyota

Snoyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Marin County, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black Dbl Cab Sport
    3" King coilovers with resi, king rear shocks with resi, ome dakar leafs, 4xinnovation kickout sliders, CBI front bumper, warn M8000 winch K&N filter. Pioneer deckplate with 500w alpine amp and 13" Focal Sub
    I have 50,000 miles on my Nitto A/Ts, they are amazing and they will still last me a whole winter in tahoe and lots of wheeling. I have beat the hell out of these tires, they are by far the best A/Ts I've had, the BFG A/Ts suck

9. Dec 2, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    holy shit!!! those are the tires I sold to mick when I got my FJ rims! They must have a total of like 65,000 on them now!!! I did rotate every 5,000 and keep a good watch on pressure. thats amazing they are still running the streets.

10. Dec 2, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Nice- They had gone farther than I thought....That's REALLY awesome. Now I REALLY don't feel bad about ordering new ones!!

11. Dec 2, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    OP, Can you post pics? I have seen a couple sets of Nitto TG's that had poor wear characteristics. It can happen with any manufacture. Myself, I have always had great wear with the Nitto TG's. Perhaps you should contact the place you got them, or maybe Nitto, and see if they can help?

12. Dec 2, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    yeah! no kidding. I'll keep this second set of nittos a bit longer i think.

13. Dec 3, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    BAMFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    The tires still have some life so I'm gunna gives those to my mom she's got a 4runner and I've been working my ass off so saved up just about grand and wana get 33s and lookin for a tire that will last and good for offroad because I'm graduating highschool this year and next year I'm gunna driving a lot for school. I mostly just wana get new tires

14. Dec 3, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    gobias

gobias as in Gobias some coffee

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Dbl TRD
    BFG AT, Grabbers, Duratracs, Wrangler MTR, Michelin LTX AT2, Dynapro ATM RF10

All of the above are good choices.

15. Dec 3, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    BAMFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    But I probably gunna end up getting bfg 285/75/16 load E