LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How many of you change your tires to winter tires during the season?? Do y have extra

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
moulin6801's Tacoma Gallery
How many of you change your tires to winter tires during the season?? Do y have extra

[SIZE="3"]Hey guys, I have the stock tires on my new 2010 TRD sport, and I have been thinking about winter tires... I live in Nashville area, not too bad, but last year it was rough for a few weeks...
In any case, I was wondering how many of you have 2 sets of tires, all weather and winter tires??
What is your solution for that?
I have been looking in some videos on youtube, it is amazing the difference of driving quality and stopping power when someone has winter tires!
And like someone said on their video... "your insurance premium in an car rack will more likely be more than a set of winter tires anyway"
[/SI
ZE]
Old 12-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I run agressive all-seasons or all-terrains year round. No second set of tires here. Currently running Cooper ATR's. A couple reasons for a second set would be if one set is studded. Legally you can't run then year round. Also, you could run a street tire during the summer and a winter tire during the winter. A street tire will perform better during the summer months. Lots of different methods of thinking or reasons.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
Highlander60 has a brilliant futureHighlander60 has a brilliant futureHighlander60 has a brilliant futureHighlander60 has a brilliant futureHighlander60 has a brilliant futureHighlander60 has a brilliant futureHighlander60 has a brilliant futureHighlander60 has a brilliant futureHighlander60 has a brilliant futureHighlander60 has a brilliant futureHighlander60 has a brilliant future

Army: too much to mention
Highlander60's Tacoma Gallery
I live in NB Canada, would not consider getting through the ice and snow of winter without the snows on. Of course we get about 4 months of bad winter weather here, not just a couple of weeks.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
We do on my wifes car. I have a second set of wheels so I can change them in the garage whenever I feel. We bought her a set of studless snow tires, it is great having a dedicated set of winter tires and wheels. If the steel winter wheels get dented so what, it is a lot cheaper than replacing the factory ones. On my truck I have not yet, mostly due to money at the moment. I would like to in the future.