Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Hi-Lift Mounting

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
Battle Born Tacomas - Founder
VegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
VegasTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Hi-Lift Mounting

Hey guys. I just invested in a Hi-Lift. I want to mount it in the bed, but I don't want to drill any holes. What's the best way to mount it to the inside of the bed?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
VegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
I like it, but $75? That's too expensive. That's more than I paid for the hi-lift! Any other suggestions? Do any of you guys keep these things inside your trucks?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasTaco08 View Post
I like it, but $75? That's too expensive. That's more than I paid for the hi-lift! Any other suggestions? Do any of you guys keep these things inside your trucks?
I know a guy that keeps his inside his AC along with the rest of his stuff.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
i keep my 60 well 59" now hi lift
here

made brackts for $8
Old 12-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 12-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #7

How did you attach them though? I'm trying not to have to drill any holes. Attaching some brackets to the rails seems like a good idea, I just don't want to pay $75 to do it.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
BIG DADDY

what i did was get 2 pieces of flat stock like 1 inch wide...i used like hurricane ties "from home depot"
and got 4 bolts 4 fender washers -"big washers"
2 nuts and 2 wing nuts
i grinded down the bolt head to slip into the channel drilled a hole in flat stock washer and nut "one on each side"
drilled hole lower in flat stock another bolt washers and wing nuts
done