Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

mount/balance from online store

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
james08taco will become famous soon enoughjames08taco will become famous soon enough

james08taco's Tacoma Gallery
mount/balance from online store

i'm in the market for new rims and tires. found a great package deal online and they offer mounting and balancing with shipping. Has anyone had problems with this before? Just wondering if i should just have it done at a local shop or trust the online store.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Im not sure. I would just be afraid that a weight may move or fall off in transit causing you to get them re-balanced anyways. I personally think I would hold off on the balance and get them done and put straight onto the truck.

Plus if there are balancing issues, you can take it straight back to the shop and have them fix it.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I bought tire & wheels from tire rack and they balanced them and it was way off so I had to go to a shop and have them rebalanced. Tire rack did pay the shop to do the balancing so I didn't come out of pocket.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
james08taco will become famous soon enoughjames08taco will become famous soon enough

james08taco's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, but just spoke to them on the phone and they're doing it for free so i guess i'll go ahead and get it done.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:24 AM   #5
bgbdwlf is on a distinguished road
bgbdwlf's Tacoma Gallery
i was wondering wont you have to take them somewhere to get your TPMS transfered to the new wheels. if that is the case wouldn't they have to be rebalanced agian plus pay extra to have it done .
Old 12-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #6
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
i had 4wheelparts mount and balance mine. everything is good and i dont plan on putting the TMPS sensors back in my truck