Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Will FJ cruiser wheels fit like stock tacoma wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
Iluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvtacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rich
Iluvtacos's Tacoma Gallery
Will FJ cruiser wheels fit like stock tacoma wheels?

I have the 17" alloys on my 07 TRD sport. They have an offset of 30mm. The 17" alloys on the FJ Cruiser are the same diameter and width but with an offset of 15mm. How will this affect my truck with 265/70/17 tires and stock suspension? Will the rims stick out 15mm or will be recessed 15mm?
I sure would appreciate the help.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
It's more gooder.

(They'll stick out 15 more mm)
Old 12-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
dragon is on a distinguished road
dragon's Tacoma Gallery
They will stick out appr. 15mm more. Shouldn't be any fitment/rubbing issues with 265/70r17 tires.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
Senior MoFo'ing Member
07SpeedwaySport will become famous soon enough
07SpeedwaySport's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck! I was going for the exact same thing with mine...bought the wheels and all...just never got around to bolting them up. And now it looks like my truck is sold and I need to unload the set I have...
The 17 TRD sport look like crap after a few winters...
Old 06-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I have FJ TRD wheels and they stick out 1" more than stock. 4.5" back space rather than 5.5" stock Tacoma. My wheels remain inside the fenders and I like the stance more than factory.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #8
vermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vermintrex's Tacoma Gallery
they fit...265/70/17's..old pics, front husky flaps are on now and zero rubbing issues

Old 07-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #9
Breaker of Wheeling Rules #1 and #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
Glad I stumbled across this. Same questions I had.
But I do have another.
3" OME lift: Would I be better off with stock 17" Sport wheels, or going with FJ wheels? Thinking rubbing issues and all. (The OME kit I have also has a set of wheel spacers, but I'm no fan of spacers, especially for wheeling).
I have a neighbor selling his FJ wheels, that look precisely like the ones on the blue Taco in post #3. Hence my questions.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #10
rob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
Any suggestions as to the best way to track known a set of black ones?
Old 07-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I had just short of a 3" lift on mine with FJ wheels. With 275/70/17s, I had plenty of clearance. I put the spacers on later just for looks. Plenty of pics in my build link below.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #12
Faketannydeluxe
WhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the roughWhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the roughWhiteTacoma09 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Curt
WhiteTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery

Old 02-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #13
mistaare is on a distinguished road
mistaare's Tacoma Gallery
keep the fj wheel pics coming!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #14
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
my truck...13 4runner trail wheels...

Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #15
neil99 is on a distinguished road
neil99's Tacoma Gallery
265/70 17 Silent armors on FJ wheels, looking from the front/back sidewalls are dead even with the edge of the fender, no rubbing issues.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #16
njsurfer is on a distinguished road
njsurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, will the 17" FJ wheels fit the TRD Off-Road package with no problems as well?

Also, what size tire would you recommend if I plan on doing a 3" OME lift? 265/70-17 or 275/70-17? Or would either one work?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #17
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaare View Post
keep the fj wheel pics coming!!!
As stated before, they stick out a bit more than stock wheels. I believe the bs is 5 compared to 5.5 for Toyota OEM wheels. They are about flush with the fender flares. Truck has a better stance and should have been designed like that in the first place imo.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #19
Sky65 is on a distinguished road
Sky65's Tacoma Gallery
Really like the look! I am considering the same wheels if they are the same as FJ wheels. Is the truck lifted? What size tires? How does it handle with the wheels out slightly farther?
Thanks
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
my truck...13 4runner trail wheels...

Old 03-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #20
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
sky: thanks a lot. i believe the 4runner trails wheels is the same as the fjc wheels, with the exception of wheel color. i think the wheel color is slightly darker. dont quote me on that though LOL. i am lifted. i have icon extended travel coilovers and icon 2.5 smooth body rears with toytec 2" aal. im lifted slightly over 3" and have no rubbing whatsoever and i still have my flaps. my tire size is 265/70/17. if youre in the market for trail rims, i would get them. they turn a lot of heads since these rims on a tacoma is pretty rare, atleast where im from .