Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

5 Lug Rim Upgrade - Highlander Alloys?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
DrWang is on a distinguished road
DrWang's Tacoma Gallery
Talking 5 Lug Rim Upgrade - Highlander Alloys?

Hi everyone,

I've got an '06 Taco 5 lugger with the ugly steel rims. I've found a set of Toyota Highlander alloys that I think will work for my truck. But I've got a few questions that maybe you guys might have the answers to.

1. Anything to look out for on doing this swap? (See pics below) The new rim bolt pattern looks fine (5x114.3) but I'm not sure about the offset and TPMS system?

2. The new rims have Toyo Transpaths 225/70/16 with about 40% tread left. The tire size calculator says that the new rims/tires will increase overall diameter by 5.8%. Is that enough to be concerned with? Some websites suggest that overall diameter differentials of greater than 3% can be hard on the transmission and braking, is that true?

from the online tire size calculator

Thanks for your help everyone!

Brian
Old 12-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
The tires will fit no problem, but I don't know about the rims without providing more info. People run 235/75r15 with no issue.

I have a feeling it would be fine though.