Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Best off-road tires 265/70/17 under $150?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Best off-road tires 265/70/17 under $150?

Right now I am looking at the:

Firestone Destination A/T

Nitto Dura Grappler

Nitto Terra Grappler... I like these the best but the load range has a passenger rating. Does that make a difference?

Will all of these tires work with the tacoma's TPMS?
Old 08-15-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Tires are a good choice but remember the tpms is in the rim your fine it will not effect the tires. I would go with destination a/t
Old 08-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Tires are a good choice but remember the tpms is in the rim your fine it will not effect the tires. I would go with destination a/t
why?
Old 08-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
dont forget about the bridgestone dueler a/t revos.....awesome tires for on and off road, and the clean out really well.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Why would i go with that tire its a good looking tire with good tread i have the revos a/t awesome tire if that was a choice i would say that one.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #6
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
the nitto tires will only give you about 20,000 miles or so and they will be shot to hell...they are too soft.. i'd take the destinations...
Old 08-16-2008, 04:58 AM   #7
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
General Grabber at2 are 109 on Tire rack.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:02 AM   #8
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper mud and snows are pretty damn good off road and have water sipes through out the tread so they stop well in rain, and for about $ 140.00
Old 08-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
fire_ems_male is on a distinguished road
fire_ems_male's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Bridgestone Dueler P265/70R16 revos, got them for $250 a piece. I like these tires. They are nice and quiet, and don't hydroplane as easy. Had these kind of tires on my old Jimmy for the winter and they stick very well.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #10
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_ems_male View Post
I have the Bridgestone Dueler P265/70R16 revos, got them for $250 a piece. I like these tires. They are nice and quiet, and don't hydroplane as easy. Had these kind of tires on my old Jimmy for the winter and they stick very well.
damn......you paid alot for your set man!!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Did you say $250 a piece holy crap i paid $139.99 a piece and i thought that was bad lol.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:36 AM   #12
fire_ems_male is on a distinguished road
fire_ems_male's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, i paid alot lol. but its all worth the price. i'm not sure, maybe prices are different here in canada then the states.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:45 AM   #13
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
dont forget about the bridgestone dueler a/t revos.....awesome tires for on and off road, and the clean out really well.

Must agree with this tire.

On the rating site Tirerack, the Fireston destination comes out ahead by a few points, but with a few million people using it. I think the number was less then 10 million.

But the Dueller Revo's are used by something like 50+ million people. The guys at the Firstone I got my tires from said they had more people like the Revos.

Soooo, I went with them and am EXTREMELY pleased.

My replacement will be the same. No need to experiment when you're happy with the best.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #14
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I think that the original equipment rugged trails ranked something like 34th in it's own category.

Something like that. Very low.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
I think that the original equipment rugged trails ranked something like 34th in it's own category.

Something like that. Very low.
yep.....and its no wonder as to why. mine were toast at 23k.............and i rotated, and balanced every 5k, and checked the tire pressure every week. just a shitty tire, imo!!! damn........wish i had my dueler revo's back!!! loved that tire!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:14 PM   #16
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.4x4review.com/products/ti...estination.asp

When its time for new tires, it will be either the Destination A/T's or Revo's.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #17
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...T&startIndex=0

Comparison between the Destination AT's and the Revo's.

Being that Bridgestone and Firestone have the same parent company, it seems normal that they are pretty much the same tire.