Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

someone knowledgable on wheel specs HELP!!!!!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
someone knowledgable on wheel specs HELP!!!!!!!

i am looking at getting some eagle alloy 185's in 16x8. i know the bolt pattern is 6x5.5 but the offset of these wheels is -11mm. am i gonna have issues with fitment?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
bgbdwlf is on a distinguished road
bgbdwlf's Tacoma Gallery
i am no expert but i would think it depends on tire size and if there will be wheel and caliper rubbing issues.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pretty much what i need is someone to look at the link above (my 2nd post in this thread) and tell me if the backspacing and offset are acceptable on tacomas. the tire size im getting is 265/70/16 goodyear wrangler duratracs
Old 01-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
A 9" wide wheel with -11 offset is approx 4.5" backspacing. With that wheel you can run 265's on stock suspension or 285's with a lift.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
17quint is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
17quint's Tacoma Gallery
hi dan i have the same problem i put a 3" lift & now i need to know will i have any problems putting 16x8 6 5-5 mickey thompson classic 2 on 265/75/r16 duratrac's will there be any rubbing or anything like that
Old 01-02-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
A 9" wide wheel with -11 offset is approx 4.5" backspacing. With that wheel you can run 265's on stock suspension or 285's with a lift.
x2. You should have no problem running this wheel and tire combo. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me. I will be more than happy to answer any question you might have.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17quint View Post
hi dan i have the same problem i put a 3" lift & now i need to know will i have any problems putting 16x8 6 5-5 mickey thompson classic 2 on 265/75/r16 duratrac's will there be any rubbing or anything like that
Need to know the backspacing in order to be sure. As long as it's between 4.5 and 5.5" you will be good to go with that tire size.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The -11 offset is the same as about a 4.6" of backspacing. Is there a particular reason you want to go with a 9" wide wheel on a 10.5" wide tire? Are you planning a lift and wider tires in the future? Looking at your OP, you say 9" wide, but the link says 8" wide.. Can you confirm width for me?
Old 01-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #11
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
in the link above in my 2nd post, it says offset of -11 and a backspacing of 4.00
Old 01-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #12
Discount Tire Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
in the link above in my 2nd post, it says offset of -11 and a backspacing of 4.00
umm... his quote says 9" wheel, your link says 8" wheel. That's why the backspacing is different.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #13
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
umm... his quote says 9" wheel, your link says 8" wheel. That's why the backspacing is different.
ahh lol i didnt catch that. ok so a 16x8 with 4.00" backspace and -11 offset is just fine right?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #14
Discount Tire Company

Quote:
ahh lol i didnt catch that. ok so a 16x8 with 4.00" backspace and -11 offset is just fine right?
You might have some rub issues on stock ride height. Be prepared to have a utility knife ready, or extra money for a lift.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #15
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
You might have some rub issues on stock ride height. Be prepared to have a utility knife ready, or extra money for a lift.
im puttin 5100's up front and setting them at 2.5 when i get the wheels and tires. im gonna order all at once. the 5100's should be suffecient right?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #16
Discount Tire Company

You should be fine.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #17
Bam-Ba-Lam

alright, thanks for the help matt. are you stationed in NC or retired?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:17 AM   #18
Discount Tire Company

Quote:
alright, thanks for the help matt. are you stationed in NC or retired?
7th generation soldier. Former.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #20
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Those wheels should work just fine. I have 16x8's with 4.5" backspace and i'm not even close to rubbing with stock size tires.