Firestone Destination MT 22 14.01%
Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain 18 11.46%
Your Mom 32 20.38%
Sorry, lil'busy with all this cock in my mouth. 10 6.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Mickey Thompson MTZ, Firestone Destination MT or Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain

In the market for new shoes this month. The Konigs are going on and they need new rubber.

I'll make this easy. One of the 3 listed tires. Prices are as follows.

MTZ - $262 for 285x75R16s

Destination MT - $260 for 285x75R16s

Xtreme Mud Terrain - $265 for 33x11R16s.

Price is per tire.

Give me pros and cons those who've had them or seen them.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post

Those would be awesome x2. But I have 305/70/16 MTZ's and love them. Rotate them properly and they WILL last also great traction.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
itsjoe is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
itsjoe's Tacoma Gallery
it may be obvious at this point but i voted for the mtz's. im in the market for the same style of tire in the same size. iv done shitloads of resurch (on company time) and all the reviews iv read on them have been awesome. right now i role on procomp xtream at's haven't had any problems with them but procomp isn't famous for quality... it probably worth mentioning that procomp and mickey thompson are both owned by cooper. also the dick cepek mud country is almost exactly the same as the mtz but cheaper...
Old 01-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry Krazie but i'm gonna have to go with "Your Mom" on this one
Old 01-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #8
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Went with Ward Tire. Beat out every other place so in an hour I'll be coming home with 4 new Mickey Thompson MTZs on the Konigs.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
Resident Jackass

They're at home in the shed currently. Hopefully I can get the installed on the truck tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #12
cnj41371 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: ICBMS
cnj41371's Tacoma Gallery
Copper

Not on the list but I have Copper STT's and love them.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #13
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
MTZ's all the way. I can't say a single bad thing about mine. They drive as good as you would expect a mud terrain to do on the road and stick to everything off road. These will probably be the only tire I run on my truck until they go and mess with them.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:49 AM   #14
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I was very close to putting voting your mom, but i have always really liked the Mickey T's buddy ran them on his jeep and they are very nice tires.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:50 AM   #15
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
If any body is interested I have some 2657017's mtz for sale
Old 01-29-2011, 02:03 AM   #16
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrahsky View Post
If any body is interested I have some 2657017's mtz for sale
Swapping to???
Old 01-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #17
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Swapping to???
I need less aggressive tire. I am going to swap to a strait up all terrain. This tire is way way over kill for us and most of our driving is on highway during these trips. If any one wants to by my set they only have about 5K miles on them and I have pictures in my gallery.

But let me tell you these things are crazy off road!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #18
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
same tire i had on my chevy. good tire
Old 05-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #19
renval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shedrenval is one of the sharper tools in the shed
renval's Tacoma Gallery
KM2s all the way!!!!!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #20
Sniper#830 is a jewel in the roughSniper#830 is a jewel in the roughSniper#830 is a jewel in the roughSniper#830 is a jewel in the rough

Marines: 3/1 Lima Co Wpns Plt 93-97  Somalia Vet.
Sniper#830's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the MTZ"s. I have had a set and I found they were great in all conditions. They are loud and the road but that is what the stereo is for. I am running Dick Cepek Mud Country's right now 265/70/17. Once they are worn, I will go back to MTZ's.